PDA

View Full Version : Oops, pt 6 - Oops 66.jpg (1/1)

Mitchell Holman[_5_]
August 5th 10, 01:20 PM

John Szalay[_2_]
August 5th 10, 03:59 PM
Mitchell Holman > wrote in
30:

> begin 644 Oops 66.jpg
>
> Attachment decoded: Oops 66.jpg
> `
> end

My opinion, YOUR mileage may vary !
Shear stupidity, dumbass jumped from the arm .
he did,nt hangup, its just the angle of the photo.
I,m an old skydiver, and its stunts like that, that give the
sport a bad image.. yea the basejumpers like it, but still.

Greasy Rider[_8_]
August 5th 10, 07:55 PM
On 8/5/2010 10:59, John Szalay wrote:

> My opinion, YOUR mileage may vary !
> Shear stupidity, dumbass jumped from the arm .
> he did,nt hangup, its just the angle of the photo.
> I,m an old skydiver, and its stunts like that, that give the
> sport a bad image.. yea the basejumpers like it, but still.

I kinda looked at that as Photoshopped but I guess it really happened.
Maybe they should have left him up there for the buzzards.

Greasy

John Szalay[_2_]
August 5th 10, 11:28 PM
Greasy Rider > wrote in news:xOD6o.51580$3%3.16530
@newsfe23.iad:

> I kinda looked at that as Photoshopped but I guess it really happened.
> Maybe they should have left him up there for the buzzards.
>

> Greasy

Fraid it was real !

Standing atop Brazil's iconic Christ the Redeemer statue in January 1999,
stuntman ‘Fearless Felix’ Baumgartner braced himself for what was to be the
world's lowest BASE jump at 29 metres (95 feet). When he stepped off the
edge,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tgzb6DuOoY

Bob (not my real pseudonym)
August 6th 10, 08:24 AM
Jesus Saves!

Dave Kearton[_3_]
August 6th 10, 09:01 AM
"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" > wrote in message

> Jesus Saves!

In God we trust....

....everyone else pays cash.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

John Szalay[_2_]
August 6th 10, 04:43 PM
"Dave Kearton" > wrote in news:TjP6o.50117
$lF5.3568@hurricane:

> "Bob (not my real pseudonym)" > wrote in message
>>
>> Jesus Saves!
>>

> In God we trust....
>
> ...everyone else pays cash.

Sometimes they get away with it, other times, Sh** happens!

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100803/NEWS01/708039766/-1/news01

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/base-jumper-rescued-arrested-11331049

http://www.king5.com/news/BASE-jumper-killed-east-of-Seattle-99207974.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Bridge-BASE-jumper-faces-charges-if-he-
lives/2005/04/14/1113251734026.html

and even if approved, it happens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_%22Slim%22_Simpson

Alan Erskine[_4_]
August 8th 10, 01:03 AM
On 6/08/2010 5:24 PM, Bob (not my real pseudonym) wrote:

> Jesus Saves!

Not on my income he doesn't.

Google