PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Museum Airpark [01/30] - Mach 1 ride to the air show DSC_0728.jpg (1/1)

Indrek
August 17th 10, 01:38 AM

August 21st 10, 12:05 AM
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:38:54 -0500, (Indrek)
wrote:

WOW! Looks just like the one I bought through the PX before coming home from
'Nam in 1969. It was a 1969 Mach 1, same color! Beautiful! Thanks for posting
this one.

Indrek Aaviso
August 21st 10, 12:34 AM
> wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:38:54 -0500, (Indrek)
> wrote:
>
> WOW! Looks just like the one I bought through the PX before coming home
> from
> 'Nam in 1969. It was a 1969 Mach 1, same color! Beautiful! Thanks for
> posting
> this one.

You are welcome.

It was a noisy ride with that big V-8 and the ride was harder than we are
currently used to. A interesting experience nevertheless. The car attracted
a lot of favourable comment because it certainly catches the eye.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill

August 21st 10, 06:14 AM
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:34:29 -0400, "Indrek Aaviso" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:38:54 -0500, (Indrek)
>> wrote:
>>
>> WOW! Looks just like the one I bought through the PX before coming home
>> from
>> 'Nam in 1969. It was a 1969 Mach 1, same color! Beautiful! Thanks for
>> posting
>> this one.
>
>You are welcome.
>
>It was a noisy ride with that big V-8 and the ride was harder than we are
>currently used to. A interesting experience nevertheless. The car attracted
>a lot of favourable comment because it certainly catches the eye.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Indrek Aavisto

Believe it or not, the car is still around. I sold it to my Brother back in 1971
when I got married, as we coudn't afford two cars and my then wife couldn't
drive a stick. He still has it, and over the years has completely refurbished
it. It looks like new and I get sick everytime I see it. And no, he won't sell
it back to me :-(

Google