PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Museum Airpark [20/30] - F-94 DSC_0960.jpg (1/1)

Indrek
August 17th 10, 01:39 AM

Orval Fairbairn[_2_]
August 17th 10, 04:19 AM
In article >,
(Indrek) wrote:

> begin 644 F-94 DSC_0960.jpg
> [Image]
>
> end

It is an F-86=D -- not an F-94!

Indrek Aaviso
August 17th 10, 12:44 PM
"Orval Fairbairn" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (Indrek) wrote:
>
>> begin 644 F-94 DSC_0960.jpg
>> [Image]
>>
>> end
>
> It is an F-86=D -- not an F-94!

Oops, you are quite right. Definite case of brain fade on my part.

I wonder if the rocket launcher under the fuselage was ever tested for
accuracy. A salvo of projectiles would be intimidating, if nothing else.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill

Orval Fairbairn[_2_]
August 17th 10, 02:48 PM
In article >,
"Indrek Aaviso" > wrote:

> "Orval Fairbairn" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > (Indrek) wrote:
> >
> >> begin 644 F-94 DSC_0960.jpg
> >> [Image]
> >>
> >> end
> >
> > It is an F-86=D -- not an F-94!
>

> Oops, you are quite right. Definite case of brain fade on my part.
>
> I wonder if the rocket launcher under the fuselage was ever tested for
> accuracy. A salvo of projectiles would be intimidating, if nothing else.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Indrek Aavisto

I used to work for a former Dog pilot. He said that sometimes not all of
the rockets' fins would extend, which caused them to go every which way,
presenting more hazard to the Dog than to the target. A definite pucker
moment!

Google