PDA

View Full Version : One of the best ever articles in Soaring.

Mike[_8_]
August 17th 10, 02:37 AM
http://www.ssa.org/magazine/archive/ViewIssue.aspx?year=1979&month=02

Page 28

tienshanman
August 17th 10, 08:07 AM
;737831']http://www.ssa.org/magazine/archive/ViewIssue.aspx?year=1979&month=02

Page 28

Is that the feb 1979 issue? What's the title of the article?

Tony[_5_]
August 17th 10, 02:26 PM
On Aug 17, 2:07*am, tienshanman <tienshanman.
> wrote:
> 'Mike[_8_ Wrote:
>
> > ;737831']http://www.ssa.org/magazine/archive/ViewIssue.aspx?year=1979&month=02
>
> > Page 28
>
> Is that the feb 1979 issue? What's the title of the article?
>
> --
> tienshanman

"Two Final Glides" I believe.

Roy Clark, \B6\
August 18th 10, 05:29 AM
On Aug 17, 6:26*am, Tony > wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2:07*am, tienshanman <tienshanman.
>
> > wrote:
> > 'Mike[_8_ Wrote:
>
> > > ;737831']http://www.ssa.org/magazine/archive/ViewIssue.aspx?year=1979&month=02
>
> > > Page 28
>
> > Is that the feb 1979 issue? What's the title of the article?
>
> > --
> > tienshanman
>
> "Two Final Glides" I believe.

Correct title is "TWO LONG FINAL GLIDES". I agree this is one of the
best soaring stories ever .
I have 2 copies of Collected Classics of Soaring by Trish Durbin. This
article begins on page 84
,was originally printed in the newsletter of the Arizona Soaring
Association in June 1975 and" won
the very first Joseph C. Lincoln Award.
Keep one in my office and read at open moments to nourish my inner
soaring spirit.
Have read most of the stories many times, but this remains my
favorite.
BTW, Jim Jabara had graduated from the rival of the high school I
graduated from - search "James Jabara"and follow link to Wikipedia
article for more about him.

Dave Nadler
August 18th 10, 12:56 PM
On Aug 16, 9:37*pm, Mike > wrote:
> http://www.ssa.org/magazine/archive/ViewIssue.aspx?year=1979&month=02
>
> Page 28

Thanks for reminding us, I hadn't reread this for years.
One of the best !

Thanks again,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

PS: I'm going to order me one of them Twin Astirs for $21,481
(see page 32) !

Roy Clark, \B6\
August 18th 10, 02:54 PM
On Aug 18, 4:56*am, Dave Nadler > wrote:
> On Aug 16, 9:37*pm, Mike > wrote:
>
> >http://www.ssa.org/magazine/archive/ViewIssue.aspx?year=1979&month=02
>
> > Page 28
>
> Thanks for reminding us, I hadn't reread this for years.
> One of the best !
>
> Thanks again,
> Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"
>
> PS: I'm going to order me one of them Twin Astirs for $21,481
> (see page 32) !

Hope you have all tha in 1979 dollars!!

Cost in 2020 dollars is $64,505.43 today.

Andy[_1_]
August 18th 10, 04:40 PM
On Aug 17, 9:29*pm, "Roy Clark, \"B6\"" > wrote:

Collected Classics is still available for only $20 plus shippping.

Anyone interested in a copy can email me or go here:

http://www.asa-soaring.org/publications.asp

All profits are split between ASA and my Ex, an example of poor
business skills on my part.

Andy

Google