PDA

View Full Version : Automatic wireless flight logging

Fish[_3_]
August 22nd 10, 07:31 AM
Warning... this is an unabashed plug for a new product developed by
Swift Avionics in Australia.
I have a vested interest in this company so am declaring my
involvement up-front.

However, if you run any sort of gliding club, you'll find a quick
visit to our website enlightening.
Check out www.dittolog.com

sisu1a
August 22nd 10, 02:45 PM
> Check outwww.dittolog.com

http://dittolog.com/

FTFY..

Ventus_a
August 22nd 10, 10:51 PM
;738493']Warning... this is an unabashed plug for a new product developed by
Swift Avionics in Australia.
I have a vested interest in this company so am declaring my
involvement up-front.

However, if you run any sort of gliding club, you'll find a quick
visit to our website enlightening.
Check out www.dittolog.com

Pity the website jumps about so much without telling me much. Might go back and have a look some other time but at the moment it's just a big yawn. Better things to do.....

Ramy
August 24th 10, 07:33 PM
On Aug 22, 2:51*pm, Ventus_a >
wrote:
> 'Fish[_3_ Wrote:
>
> > ;738493']Warning... this is an unabashed *plug for a new product
> > developed by
> > Swift Avionics in Australia.
> > I have a vested interest in this company so am declaring my
> > involvement up-front.
>
> > However, if you run any sort of gliding club, you'll find a quick
> > visit to our website enlightening.
> > Check outwww.dittolog.com
>
> Pity the website jumps about so much without telling me much. Might go
> back and have a look some other time but at the moment it's just a big
> yawn. *Better things to do.....
>
> --
> Ventus_a

Sounds like an interesting concept, but for many of us already using
loggers it does not need to be wireless. But wouldn't it be nice if
SeeYou or other software would be able to extract the flight
parameters (date, duration, Release altitude, max altitude, distance,
speed, turn points) from an igc file into an electronic log book? I
am not aware of such capability which is odd giving all the tools we
have. Most of us either write it in a paper log book, or typing it in
an electronic logbook or spreadsheet. I would think it should be easy
to write a program to automatically extract this data from an igc
file, similar to what OLC is already doing, but in a more like logbook
format.

Ramy

Wayne Paul
August 25th 10, 12:36 AM
Ramy,

My comments are totally of the topic of this thread. The only possible link is your mention of the OLC. When I looked at flights posted last week I notice that you had a nice flight from the King Mountain Glider Park to Glacier Park/Kalispell.
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?flightId=2117976473

I really missed flying at this year's King Mountain Glider Park (http://www.kingmountaingliderpark.com) event. Maybe next year.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://tinyurl.com/N990-6F

"Ramy" > wrote in message ...
On Aug 22, 2:51 pm, Ventus_a >
wrote:
Sounds like an interesting concept, but for many of us already using
loggers it does not need to be wireless. But wouldn't it be nice if
SeeYou or other software would be able to extract the flight
parameters (date, duration, Release altitude, max altitude, distance,
speed, turn points) from an igc file into an electronic log book? I
am not aware of such capability which is odd giving all the tools we
have. Most of us either write it in a paper log book, or typing it in
an electronic logbook or spreadsheet. I would think it should be easy
to write a program to automatically extract this data from an igc
file, similar to what OLC is already doing, but in a more like logbook
format.

Ramy

Google