PDA

View Full Version : F/A-18 external stores load

December 13th 04, 09:09 AM
Sorry, but something must be wrong with my Google server, it cannot
link me to the previous messages, so I had to answer this way.

1.

>>The AGM-62 Walleye is a TV-guided glide bomb from the Vietnam era.

>>The AGM-65 Maverick is a powered weapon (has a motor) and is more
recent
technology.

>>JD

Yes, I know, but I somehow missed the moment when Navy used (if used?)
earlier versions of Maverick. First I've heard about AGM-62 Walleye
carried by every strike a/c from A-4 until F/A-18. Then I've heard
about the new AGM-65F Navy Maverick being introduced especially for
A-6E and F/A-18. But what about the TV and laser versions (this at
least carried by Marine Hornets and Harriers)? Is the Scene Mag
Maverick with the smaller, anti-tank warhead of any use for the Navy?

2.

>>Since ya metioned it, yes Fox Farrell almost flew into the water in
this
moovie, 'Final Countdown'.

>>P. C. Chisholm
>>CDR, USN(ret.)
>>Old Phart Phormer Phantom, Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat
Buckeye Phlyer

Yes, in general an average film, but great photos. Worth seeing from
the very beginning to the very end.

Best regards,

Jacek Zemlo

Google