PDA

View Full Version : Re: RANS S-9 Chaos loses a wing

Morgans[_2_]
August 24th 10, 03:50 AM
"Garry O" > wrote

> While none of the AC I have flown have had a BRS installed I know that I
> would not pull the handle unless all other options had been exhausted and
> F^(K the airframe, if it gave up its life saving mine then so be it, AC
> can be re-built or another purchased, my kids and wife can not so easily
> replace me, or so I would like to think ;-)

Indeed. And so you think and hope- that you are not easily replaced. <g>

On a slightly different thought, my wife had been previously married, and
had left her ex because of some extra-curricular activities on his part.

Now, when I screw up on something (fairly large screw-ups) she is quick to
remind me, saying, (I got rid of one, already. I can do it again, just as
easily) This, with a smile on her face.

I think (hope) she is joking on that one, too! <g>
--
Jim in NC

a[_3_]
August 24th 10, 11:07 AM
On Aug 23, 10:50*pm, "Morgans" > wrote:
> "Garry O" > wrote
>
> > While none of the AC I have flown have had a BRS installed I know that I
> > would not pull the handle unless all other options had been exhausted and
> > F^(K the airframe, if it gave up its life saving mine then so be it, AC
> > can be re-built or another purchased, my kids and wife can not so easily
> > replace me, or so I would like to think ;-)
>
> Indeed. *And so you think and hope- that you are not easily replaced. *<g>
>
> On a slightly different thought, my wife had been previously married, and
> had left her ex because of some extra-curricular activities on his part.
>
> Now, when I screw up on something (fairly large screw-ups) she is quick to
> remind me, saying, (I got rid of one, already. *I can do it again, just as
> easily) This, with a smile on her face.
>
> I think (hope) she is joking on that one, too! <g>
> --
> Jim in NC

Being introduced as "My present husband" keeps one's role in context,
doesn't it?

Morgans[_2_]
August 24th 10, 11:24 PM
"a" > wrote
Being introduced as "My present husband" keeps one's role in context,
doesn't it?
*********************
Ouch!!!
--
Jim in NC

Stu Fields
August 25th 10, 12:26 AM
"Morgans" > wrote in message

> "a" > wrote
> Being introduced as "My present husband" keeps one's role in context,
> doesn't it?
> *********************
> Ouch!!!
> --
> Jim in NC

My wife and I ran a disaster office for the Republic of the Marshall Islands
and she started the office while I was still employed by the US Army at
Kwajalein. When my retirement came thru, only 2 weeks after my wife opened
the disaster office, I came down and was introduced by the Chief Secretary
of the Republic to the President of the Marshall Islands as: "Mr. Kathy
Fields".

Still tickles me...

a[_3_]
August 25th 10, 12:34 AM
On Aug 24, 7:26*pm, "Stu Fields" > wrote:
> "Morgans" > wrote in message

> > "a" > wrote
> > Being introduced as "My present husband" keeps one's role in context,
> > doesn't it?
> > *********************
> > Ouch!!!
> > --
> > Jim in NC
>
> My wife and I ran a disaster office for the Republic of the Marshall Islands
> and she started the office while I was still employed by the US Army at
> Kwajalein. *When my retirement came thru, only 2 weeks after my wife opened
> the disaster office, I came down and was introduced by the Chief Secretary
> of the Republic to the President of the Marshall Islands as: * "Mr. Kathy
> Fields".
>
> Still tickles me...

You may have heard that old joke of two men talking with each other,
and one was trying to remember a restaurant's name and just couldn't
recover it. He asked his buddy "Hey, what's the name of that flower
that smells good but has thorns?" His friend responded "Do you mean
roses?" "Yeah, that's it." He turned and shouted to his wife "Hey
Rose, do you remember. . .".

It's been a long recovery but he's OK now, except for the limp.

Stu Fields
August 25th 10, 03:45 AM
"a" > wrote in message
On Aug 24, 7:26 pm, "Stu Fields" > wrote:
> "Morgans" > wrote in message

> > "a" > wrote
> > Being introduced as "My present husband" keeps one's role in context,
> > doesn't it?
> > *********************
> > Ouch!!!
> > --
> > Jim in NC
>
> My wife and I ran a disaster office for the Republic of the Marshall
> Islands
> and she started the office while I was still employed by the US Army at
> Kwajalein. When my retirement came thru, only 2 weeks after my wife opened
> the disaster office, I came down and was introduced by the Chief Secretary
> of the Republic to the President of the Marshall Islands as: "Mr. Kathy
> Fields".
>
> Still tickles me...

You may have heard that old joke of two men talking with each other,
and one was trying to remember a restaurant's name and just couldn't
recover it. He asked his buddy "Hey, what's the name of that flower
that smells good but has thorns?" His friend responded "Do you mean
roses?" "Yeah, that's it." He turned and shouted to his wife "Hey
Rose, do you remember. . .".

It's been a long recovery but he's OK now, except for the limp.

Yep. I've used that joke and will use it again. It tickles my old funny
bone every time.

Morgans[_2_]
August 25th 10, 04:58 AM
> > It's been a long recovery but he's OK now, except for the limp.
>
> Yep. I've used that joke and will use it again. It tickles my old funny
> bone every time.

I have to admit, I missed that one, the first time around.

Could it be that I'm not quite as old as you two? ;-)
--
Jim in NC

Dan[_12_]
August 25th 10, 05:18 AM
Morgans wrote:
>>> It's been a long recovery but he's OK now, except for the limp.
>> Yep. I've used that joke and will use it again. It tickles my old funny
>> bone every time.
>
> I have to admit, I missed that one, the first time around.
>
> Could it be that I'm not quite as old as you two? ;-)

I'm only 29, really I am, I just look like this because I had a rough
youth. Now, of you don't like that lie I will tell you a better one next
time.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

a[_3_]
August 25th 10, 07:19 AM
On Aug 25, 12:18*am, Dan > wrote:
> >> Yep. *I've used that joke and will use it again. *It tickles my old funny
> >> bone every time.
>
> > *I have to admit, I missed that one, the first time around.
>
> > Could it be that I'm not quite as old as you two? *;-)
>
> * *I'm only 29, really I am, I just look like this because I had a rough
> youth. Now, of you don't like that lie I will tell you a better one next
> time.
>
> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I look old because it's been a long journey and some of the roads
weren't paved.

Dan[_12_]
August 25th 10, 08:33 AM
a wrote:
>>> I have to admit, I missed that one, the first time around.
>>> Could it be that I'm not quite as old as you two? ;-)
>> I'm only 29, really I am, I just look like this because I had a rough
>> youth. Now, of you don't like that lie I will tell you a better one next
>> time.
>>
>> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
>
> I look old because it's been a long journey and some of the roads
> weren't paved.

When God said "let there be light" I threw the switch. My dog fetched it.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

george
August 25th 10, 09:25 PM
On Aug 25, 4:18*pm, Dan > wrote:
> >> Yep. *I've used that joke and will use it again. *It tickles my old funny
> >> bone every time.
>
> > *I have to admit, I missed that one, the first time around.
>
> > Could it be that I'm not quite as old as you two? *;-)
>
> * *I'm only 29, really I am, I just look like this because I had a rough
> youth. Now, of you don't like that lie I will tell you a better one next
> time.

Beneath our gnarled wrinkled carcasses we are all 19 :-)

Dan[_12_]
August 25th 10, 10:11 PM
george wrote:
>>> I have to admit, I missed that one, the first time around.
>>> Could it be that I'm not quite as old as you two? ;-)
>> I'm only 29, really I am, I just look like this because I had a rough
>> youth. Now, of you don't like that lie I will tell you a better one next
>> time.
>
> Beneath our gnarled wrinkled carcasses we are all 19 :-)

In my case I refuse to age. I prefer to ferment.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Morgans[_2_]
August 25th 10, 11:35 PM
>>> I'm only 29, really I am, I just look like this because I had a
rough
>>> youth. Now, of you don't like that lie I will tell you a better one next
>>> time.
>>
>> Beneath our gnarled wrinkled carcasses we are all 19 :-)
>>

> In my case I refuse to age. I prefer to ferment.

I think all of these comments have caught me truly.... speechless.

I can't find appropriate words to lift me up above all of the.....
.....Bull****! ;-)

Perhaps a Huey? Perhaps a Sky? <g>

It would have to have pretty good high altitude performance, because......
It's gotten pretty darn deep around here! :-))))
--
Jim in NC

Dan[_12_]
August 26th 10, 12:02 AM
Morgans wrote:
> rough
>>> Beneath our gnarled wrinkled carcasses we are all 19 :-)
>>>
>> In my case I refuse to age. I prefer to ferment.
>
> I think all of these comments have caught me truly.... speechless.
>
> I can't find appropriate words to lift me up above all of the.....
> ....Bull****! ;-)
>
> Perhaps a Huey? Perhaps a Sky? <g>
>
> It would have to have pretty good high altitude performance, because......
> It's gotten pretty darn deep around here! :-))))

Look, pal, I take offense to your referring to my lies as BS. I am
too lazy to pile BS that deep. I prefer the term horse apples. One
requires a shovel, the other requires a mucking fork. Besides, anyone
can lie. It takes talent to lie big and consistently.

Now, when it comes to war stories: there I wuz, me and Ike, that's
General Eisenhower to you.....

On the other hand, politicians are best described as manure salesmen
with mouthfuls of samples.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Lamb
August 26th 10, 04:10 AM
On 8/25/2010 3:25 PM, george wrote:

>>> I have to admit, I missed that one, the first time around.
>>
>>> Could it be that I'm not quite as old as you two? ;-)
>>
>> I'm only 29, really I am, I just look like this because I had a rough
>> youth. Now, of you don't like that lie I will tell you a better one next
>> time.
>
> Beneath our gnarled wrinkled carcasses we are all 19 :-)

Hear Him!

Ala
September 18th 10, 03:06 AM
"a" > wrote in message
On Aug 23, 10:50 pm, "Morgans" > wrote:
> "Garry O" > wrote
>
> > While none of the AC I have flown have had a BRS installed I know that I
> > would not pull the handle unless all other options had been exhausted
> > and
> > F^(K the airframe, if it gave up its life saving mine then so be it, AC
> > can be re-built or another purchased, my kids and wife can not so easily
> > replace me, or so I would like to think ;-)
>
> Indeed. And so you think and hope- that you are not easily replaced. <g>
>
> On a slightly different thought, my wife had been previously married, and
> had left her ex because of some extra-curricular activities on his part.
>
> Now, when I screw up on something (fairly large screw-ups) she is quick to
> remind me, saying, (I got rid of one, already. I can do it again, just as
> easily) This, with a smile on her face.
>
> I think (hope) she is joking on that one, too! <g>
> --
> Jim in NC

>Being introduced as "My present husband" keeps one's role in context,
>doesn't it?

Thanks - good points.

Hope all is well - how much snow predicted

Google