PDA

View Full Version : L-23 cables and tire

RKW
September 9th 10, 05:04 PM
I am looking for an alternate source for the rudder cables. Blanik
will make them at a cost of $1,400.00 for a set, plus the lead time.
Has any one gotten a STC or Field Approval for a different cable? If
not I will proceed with trying to get a Field Approval for mine. Also
does any one have the same (STC or Field Approval) for replacing the
350x135 tire and tube. Once again if not I will proceed with mine.
Have a lofty day,
RKW

BDS
September 9th 10, 06:45 PM
"RKW" > wrote in message
>I am looking for an alternate source for the rudder cables. Blanik
> will make them at a cost of $1,400.00 for a set, plus the lead time.
> Has any one gotten a STC or Field Approval for a different cable? If
> not I will proceed with trying to get a Field Approval for mine. Also
> does any one have the same (STC or Field Approval) for replacing the
> 350x135 tire and tube. Once again if not I will proceed with mine.
> Have a lofty day,
> RKW

If you have not looked at them yet [or removed them for that matter] you are
in for a surprise - they will not be what you might expect and have a custom
end piece swaged right onto the cable. They are also a real joy to remove.

After some preliminary discussion with McFarlane we sent our cables to them
to have alternatives made up along with all the necessary paperwork and
documentation, but after seeing them they were not able to help us. I
believe that the main problem was the bearing in the rudder attachment
fitting.

At any rate, we have gone back to Plan A and ordered them through Blanik.

Bruce

Tim Mara
September 9th 10, 09:05 PM
I have the replacement 350x135 tires here
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page33.htm
tim

"RKW" > wrote in message
>I am looking for an alternate source for the rudder cables. Blanik
> will make them at a cost of $1,400.00 for a set, plus the lead time.
> Has any one gotten a STC or Field Approval for a different cable? If
> not I will proceed with trying to get a Field Approval for mine. Also
> does any one have the same (STC or Field Approval) for replacing the
> 350x135 tire and tube. Once again if not I will proceed with mine.
> Have a lofty day,
> RKW

> signature database 5438 (20100909) __________

> http://www.eset.com