PDA

View Full Version : Re: 73 old planes that qualify for Light-sport

Mark
September 14th 10, 04:03 AM
On Sep 13, 7:51*pm, wrote:

> Are you backing off on your statement that you were going to modify a LSA to
> increase the cruise speed, which will invalidate the airworthiness
> certificate?
>
> --
> Jim Pennino

What can a goose do that a duck can't, and
a lawyer should?

Stick his bill up his ass!

Bwaaahaaahaa!

---
Mark

September 14th 10, 03:33 PM
Mark > wrote:
> On Sep 13, 7:51Â*pm, wrote:
>
>> Are you backing off on your statement that you were going to modify a LSA to
>> increase the cruise speed, which will invalidate the airworthiness
>> certificate?
>>
>> --
>> Jim Pennino
>
> What can a goose do that a duck can't, and
> a lawyer should?
>
> Stick his bill up his ass!
>
> Bwaaahaaahaa!
>
> ---
> Mark

So, are you backing off on your statement that you were going to modify a
LSA to increase the cruise speed, which will invalidate the airworthiness
certificate?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

September 15th 10, 12:23 AM
Mark > wrote:
> On Sep 14, 10:33Â*am, wrote:
>> Mark > wrote:

>> > What can a goose do that a duck can't, and
>> > a lawyer should?
>>
>> > Stick his bill up his ass!
>>
>> > Bwaaahaaahaa!
>>
>> > ---
>> > Mark
>>
>> So, are you backing off on your statement that you were going to modify a
>> LSA to increase the cruise speed, which will invalidate the airworthiness
>> certificate?
>>
>> --
>> Jim Pennino
>>
>> Remove .spam.sux to reply.- Hide quoted text -

> Jim...
>
> I, along with a lot of other people, have mused over the
> idea of swapping out a ground adjustable prop, among
> other reverseable modifications, and putting them back
> after a long cross country trip.

Swapping props on any airplane (other than experimental) is not allowed
unless you are an official FAA wrench.

Swapping props on a LSA by anybody invalidates the airworthiness certificate.

So, you plan to modify a LSA to increase the cruise speed, which will
invalidate the airworthiness certificate as well as violate the rules on
who can perform maintenace on a manufactured aircraft?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Ari Silverstein
September 15th 10, 11:46 PM
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:23:24 -0000, wrote:

> Mark > wrote:

>>> So, are you backing off on your statement that you were going to modify a
>>> LSA to increase the cruise speed, which will invalidate the airworthiness
>>> certificate?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jim Pennino
>>>
>>> Remove .spam.sux to reply.- Hide quoted text -

>> Jim...
>>
>> I, along with a lot of other people, have mused over the
>> idea of swapping out a ground adjustable prop, among
>> other reverseable modifications, and putting them back
>> after a long cross country trip.
>
> Swapping props on any airplane (other than experimental) is not allowed
> unless you are an official FAA wrench.
>
> Swapping props on a LSA by anybody invalidates the airworthiness certificate.
>
> So, you plan to modify a LSA to increase the cruise speed, which will
> invalidate the airworthiness certificate as well as violate the rules on
> who can perform maintenace on a manufactured aircraft?

*roflmao*
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj