PDA

View Full Version : Sailors spell IKE on deck of Eisenhower

RD
February 2nd 05, 09:22 PM
My brother was stationed on the DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER, CVN 69. At some
point they all put on their dress whites and spelled out "IKE" on the
deck. Everyone got a picture of this.

Well his was ruined years ago by a flood. I would really like to find
another copy of this picture for him.

Does anyone know of a place on the internet where this picture is? Or
does anyone have a copy of this picture? I would be more then willing
to pay for a quality copy of it.

Thanks in advance

~^ beancounter ~^
February 2nd 05, 09:47 PM
try this url...

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6153/Ikeview.htm

~^ beancounter ~^
February 2nd 05, 09:52 PM
i would watch ebay...i served on the uss ranger and
see different postcards and photos come up all the time
for my old ship...if you set up an alert, ebay will send
you an auto email once a new item gets posted for sale...

good luck !!!

RD
February 3rd 05, 01:14 AM
Close but the one he has is just the word "IKE" on it. And alot of the
jet's are on deck as well.

--
February 3rd 05, 02:03 AM
"~^ beancounter ~^" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> try this url...
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6153/Ikeview.htm

Contact the Public Affairs Officer (PAO) aboard the boat and request it.

Edwin

Paul Slater
February 3rd 05, 08:14 AM
"RD" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My brother was stationed on the DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER, CVN 69. At some
> point they all put on their dress whites and spelled out "IKE" on the
> deck. Everyone got a picture of this.
>
> Well his was ruined years ago by a flood. I would really like to find
> another copy of this picture for him.
>
> Does anyone know of a place on the internet where this picture is? Or
> does anyone have a copy of this picture? I would be more then willing
> to pay for a quality copy of it.
>
> Thanks in advance

http://www.goatlocker.org/target.htm

http://www.ndu.edu/nwc/nwcCLIPART/US_NAVY/Equipment/Aircraft_Carriers/0002.html

Make Google Images your friend.... these two and others came up with "CVN
69"

February 3rd 05, 09:15 AM
Have you been looking for this one?
http://www.navysite.de/cvn/cvn69_10.jpg
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/images/ike2000.jpg
Best regards,

Jacek Zemlo

RD
February 3rd 05, 09:01 PM
How would I go about doing this? Contacting the PAO sounds like a good
idea.

Andrew C. Toppan
February 3rd 05, 10:23 PM
On 3 Feb 2005 13:01:45 -0800, "RD" > wrote:

>How would I go about doing this? Contacting the PAO sounds like a good

www.navy.mil and find the ship's website. Every website has a PAO
contact of some sort.

--
Andrew Toppan --- --- "I speak only for myself"
"Haze Gray & Underway" - Naval History, DANFS, World Navies Today,

~^ beancounter ~^
February 4th 05, 03:28 AM
rd...you may want to try this contact @ the naval
institute photo archive...>>

www.navalinstitute.org

they may have the nice, high res photos or prints avail...

Google