PDA

View Full Version : New Cobra Trailer Tires

Randy[_2_]
September 21st 10, 10:27 PM
I will be out in Minden, NV this weekend to pick up a glider. I want
to get
new tires installed on the Cobra trailer before my drive home.
Would somebody please recommend where in the local area I can go
to get new tires?

Randy

Tulsa, OK
rgteel at mac dot com
http://talihinasoaring.com/

BTiz
September 22nd 10, 01:45 AM
On Sep 21, 2:27*pm, Randy > wrote:
> I will be out in Minden, NV this weekend to pick up a glider. I want
> to get
> new tires installed on the Cobra trailer before my drive home.
> Would somebody please recommend where in the local area I can go
> to get new tires?
>
> Randy
>
> Tulsa, OK
> rgteel at mac dot comhttp://talihinasoaring.com/

Check in with Fred LaSoar at NVSoaring at Minden. I'm sure he'll know
where to send you.

Darryl Ramm
September 22nd 10, 02:14 AM
On Sep 21, 5:45*pm, BTiz > wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2:27*pm, Randy > wrote:
>
> > I will be out in Minden, NV this weekend to pick up a glider. I want
> > to get
> > new tires installed on the Cobra trailer before my drive home.
> > Would somebody please recommend where in the local area I can go
> > to get new tires?
>
> > Randy
>
> > Tulsa, OK
> > rgteel at mac dot comhttp://talihinasoaring.com/
>
> Check in with Fred LaSoar at NVSoaring at Minden. I'm sure he'll know
> where to send you.

Check with Fred (its actually Soaring NV), but I also recommend the
Les Schwab Tire Center in Gardnerville just south of Minden--just
based on past service. They helped me out once with my SUV tires, did
a rush fix for a leak and no charge whatsoever. Just a request to come
back and buy tires there - and they knew I was visiting from
California. Great service.

Darryl

September 22nd 10, 02:19 AM
America's tire sell green ball ST tires., very happy with the price
and service

Tire rack does not have a lot of ST fitments, but will ship from
warehouse in NV to a local installer of your choice.

Good luck;
aerodyne

Craig Reinholt
September 23rd 10, 02:06 AM
I replaced the tires on my Cobra trailer (Discus 2b) a couple of years
ago at Les Schwab (in Oregon). The price was reasonable and the tires
have been outstanding. Les Schwab is an excellent tire store with
100's of outlets all over the west coast.
Trailer tire: Powerking Towmax S/T ST205/75R14 These work fine on
the standard Cobra rims.

Randy[_2_]
September 23rd 10, 03:58 AM
I want to thank everyone for the information. I have contacted
Les Schwab in Gardnerville, NV and he has tires waiting for me
when I get there.

I will be on the road to Minden early tomorrow and will be there
after 27 hours of driving.

Randy

Tulsa, OK
http://talihinasoaring.com/