PDA

View Full Version : The future airplane

September 23rd 10, 05:35 PM
Forget 100 LL and Swift fuel.

Forget the never to be electric airplane.

Here is the future of flight:

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/human_powered_flight_ornithopter_reichert_toronto_ 203325-1.html

Imagine the airliner of the future with a stew holding a megaphone yelling
"flap" at the passengers.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Mark
September 23rd 10, 08:56 PM
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:35:05 -0000, wrote:

> Forget 100 LL and Swift fuel.
>
> Forget the never to be electric airplane.
>
> Here is the future of flight:
>
> http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/human_powered_flight_ornithopter_reichert_toronto_ 203325-1.html
>
> Imagine the airliner of the future with a stew holding a megaphone yelling
> "flap" at the passengers.

It won't work, Pinhead.

The real Mark is never frustrated, because his mind instantaneously
analyzes all scenerios and produces problem solving solutions so
satisfying, so appropo'...it's art.

Long ago there was a homoerotic cop named Stan who tried to
get Mark to stoop to his level. He was quickly dispatched and
now Mark prays for him and wishes him well. That's class baby.

---
Mark, gentleman-scholar

vaughn[_3_]
September 23rd 10, 09:50 PM
> wrote in message
> Forget 100 LL and Swift fuel.
>
> Forget the never to be electric airplane.

How so? There is at least one electric glider that has been on the market for a
couple years, with a 2-place in the pipeline.
http://www.lange-aviation.com/htm/english/products/antares_20e/antares_20E.html

and several electric airplanes now flying..

http://www.electraflyer.com/
http://yuneeccouk.site.securepod.com/Aircraft.html

Vaughn

September 23rd 10, 10:12 PM
vaughn > wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> Forget 100 LL and Swift fuel.
>>
>> Forget the never to be electric airplane.
>
> How so?

Try reading the link.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

vaughn[_3_]
September 23rd 10, 10:27 PM
> wrote in message
> vaughn > wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> Forget 100 LL and Swift fuel.
>>>
>>> Forget the never to be electric airplane.
>>
>> How so?
>
> Try reading the link.

The link does not apply to my response, unless I missed something important.
The link does not relate to electric aircraft, but your original post in this
thread does.

Again: My answer related to your statement "never to be electric airplane", not
to the link.

Vaughn

September 23rd 10, 10:56 PM
vaughn > wrote:

> > wrote in message

>>> How so?
>>
>> Try reading the link.
>
> The link does not apply to my response, unless I missed something important.

Yeah, while in Arizona you missed the off ramp on Interstate 8 and didn't
get a sense of Yuma.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

vaughn[_3_]
September 23rd 10, 11:53 PM
> wrote in message
> Yeah, while in Arizona you missed the off ramp on Interstate 8 and didn't
> get a sense of Yuma.

I am starting to see how that happened...

Vaughn

Mark
September 24th 10, 04:47 PM
On Sep 23, 5:27*pm, "vaughn" > wrote:

> >> How so?
>
> > Try reading the link.
>
> The link does not apply to my response, unless I missed something important.

Google