PDA

View Full Version : Missing Glider #2

jim archer
September 23rd 10, 03:15 PM
Presumably somebody came and picked up the Ventus 2 that I was
flying? It was parked outside the fence, on a public street, at my
local airport for the last few weeks. Some notice would have been
appreciated, the conditions were quite good the other day and I had a
badge flight planned

glidergeek
September 23rd 10, 06:11 PM
On Sep 23, 7:15*am, jim archer > wrote:
> Presumably somebody came and picked up the Ventus 2 that I was
> flying? *It was parked outside the fence, on a public street, at my
> local airport for the last few weeks. *Some notice would have been
> appreciated, the conditions were quite good the other day and I had a
> badge flight planned

Maybe you should consider parking in a more secure place instead of a
street and maybe invest in a tongue lock.

Craig[_2_]
September 23rd 10, 07:47 PM
On Sep 23, 10:11*am, glidergeek > wrote:
> On Sep 23, 7:15*am, jim archer > wrote:
>
> > Presumably somebody came and picked up the Ventus 2 that I was
> > flying? *It was parked outside the fence, on a public street, at my
> > local airport for the last few weeks. *Some notice would have been
> > appreciated, the conditions were quite good the other day and I had a
> > badge flight planned
>
> Maybe you should consider parking in a more secure place instead of a
> street and maybe invest in a tongue lock.

It's hard to lock the tongue when it's in your cheek.

Craig

September 23rd 10, 09:55 PM
On Sep 23, 7:15*am, jim archer > wrote:
> Presumably somebody came and picked up the Ventus 2 that I was
> flying? *It was parked outside the fence, on a public street, at my
> local airport for the last few weeks. *Some notice would have been
> appreciated, the conditions were quite good the other day and I had a
> badge flight planned

I've also parked trailers enclosed (and not enclosed) at that same
airport as Jim (inside and outside the fence) for up to two months and
never had it declared "abandoned" or "stolen", or "missing", "secure",
or "not secure" by someone medling who had not the slightest idea.

Certainly never had someone take it upon himself to announced to the
world on the internet so some bad guy might know where there is one to
steal.

Personally. Feel better with the ships (mine, friend's, or the gider
club's) on the street or in the driveway for the last 42 years, than
at the airport where instruments, cushions and radios (and sometimes
gliders) dissapear.

Devin Bargainnier[_2_]
September 24th 10, 07:50 AM
On Sep 23, 10:15*am, jim archer > wrote:
> Presumably somebody came and picked up the Ventus 2 that I was
> flying? *It was parked outside the fence, on a public street, at my
> local airport for the last few weeks. *Some notice would have been
> appreciated, the conditions were quite good the other day and I had a
> badge flight planned

Sorry about that, I finished my last checkride of the week and hit
the road- Glider "OO" is safe in a garage at an undisclosed location,
I.E. my house- (for all of those concerned) -2000 miles away from the
dangerous airport access road-

"OO"

JS
September 24th 10, 05:02 PM
What Devin has yet to find out is that there's an L13 Blanik in his
trailer.
We had to modify the fittings on the Blanik trailer, but the Ventus is
a lot nicer to fly.
How do you work some of those electric things in the panel?
Jim

Robert Fidler[_2_]
September 25th 10, 11:06 AM
On Sep 23, 10:15*am, jim archer > wrote:
> Presumably somebody came and picked up the Ventus 2 that I was
> flying? *It was parked outside the fence, on a public street, at my
> local airport for the last few weeks. *Some notice would have been
> appreciated, the conditions were quite good the other day and I had a
> badge flight planned

You probably do not want to do that again real soon, most cities have
laws about leaving trailers parked on streets. I am sure you will have
a nice fine to pay before you can try for another badge.

Google