PDA

View Full Version : Philip Lawrence CG-4A Pilots List?

Karen
September 24th 10, 08:39 PM
Anyone know how to find more data and photos on WWII glider pilots
from both 29 Palms and Lubbock TX?

Communicated with George at the Nat WW2 Glider Pilots Assn, but we
know there are some amateur historians who monitor this group and
others.

Philip and his family are receiving a special recognition and event
with the local TV stations next week.

Thanks.

Karen

Steve
September 25th 10, 02:34 AM
This is one of the best obituaries I have ever read.

http://townhall.com/columnists/DavidStokes/2009/12/06/goldie,_gliders,_and_god/page/full/

On Sep 24, 2:39*pm, Karen > wrote:
> Anyone know how to find more data and photos on WWII glider pilots
> from both 29 Palms and Lubbock TX?
>
> Communicated with George at the Nat WW2 Glider Pilots Assn, but we
> know there are some amateur historians who monitor this group and
> others.
>
> Philip and his family are receiving a special recognition and event
> with the local TV stations next week.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Karen

Steve
September 25th 10, 03:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjqLiNOrdGY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axb8fqGsbOk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lb5wauL3eE&feature=related

Lots of other You Tube videos on the subject.

September 26th 10, 02:58 AM
On Sep 24, 12:39*pm, Karen > wrote:
> Anyone know how to find more data and photos on WWII glider pilots
> from both 29 Palms and Lubbock TX?
>
> Communicated with George at the Nat WW2 Glider Pilots Assn, but we
> know there are some amateur historians who monitor this group and
> others.
>
> Philip and his family are receiving a special recognition and event
> with the local TV stations next week.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Karen

FYI. More.

There were over seven thousand civilian glider pilots who volunteered
their time to help train military glider pilots. The average life
expectancy for the occupant of a CG4 in combat 17 seconds. Even if
that was a typo given us 17 mintues is still staggering. What a
sacrifice. Not too many of them around in 2010.

Philip is 98, born in England, migrated to Canada, now has dimentia
and this Wednesday....Phil is going to fly a gider again!

Thanks.
Salute.

Google