PDA

View Full Version : Avro 146 G-IRJX Main Panel (combination of five pics - so not perfect)

Andrew B
September 27th 10, 02:22 PM
Photo's taken through clear perspex type screen.
Aircraft at Manchester Runway Visitor Park.

I'm not sure that this has worked all that well but....

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Graham Harrison[_2_]
September 27th 10, 11:36 PM
"Andrew B" > wrote in message
om...
> Photo's taken through clear perspex type screen.
> Aircraft at Manchester Runway Visitor Park.
>
> I'm not sure that this has worked all that well but....
>
> --
> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>
> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Was that stitched manually or did you use something like Photoshop?

Oviedo[_4_]
September 27th 10, 11:41 PM
Try using a free program called autostitch.

You can download it here:
http://cvlab.epfl.ch/~brown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Andrew B
September 28th 10, 01:09 AM
"Graham Harrison" > wrote in message

> "Andrew B" > wrote in message
> om...
>> Photo's taken through clear perspex type screen.
>> Aircraft at Manchester Runway Visitor Park.
>>
>> I'm not sure that this has worked all that well but....
>>
>> --
>> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>>
>> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
>> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)
>
> Was that stitched manually or did you use something like Photoshop?

A rather rough manual stitching using ACDSee 5.0 and resized with both that
and IrfanView.

There were different perspectives as my position had moved between each of
the shots.
I probably should have taken more time over both the shooting and the
manipulating.

I also have Gimp but I am still learning to use that even at its most basic
level.

--

"Oviedo" > wrote in message
> Try using a free program called autostitch.
>
> You can download it here:
> http://cvlab.epfl.ch/~brown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Thanks for that Oviedo.

It seems to work incredibly well with three of the shots but on a quick try
it didn't manage all five together.
Will it handle more than three pictures in the demo version?

I will try it again in the morning and try joining the two quick results
that I have at the moment.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Oviedo[_4_]
September 28th 10, 01:44 AM
"Andrew B" > wrote in message
om...

> "Oviedo" > wrote in message
>> Try using a free program called autostitch.
>>
>> You can download it here:
>> http://cvlab.epfl.ch/~brown/autostitch/autostitch.html
>>

> Thanks for that Oviedo.
>
> It seems to work incredibly well with three of the shots but on a quick
> try
> it didn't manage all five together.
> Will it handle more than three pictures in the demo version?
>
> I will try it again in the morning and try joining the two quick results
> that I have at the moment.
>
> --
> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>
> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

I have been able to stitch 8 photos with it. Not sure what the limit is,
but yes, the demo version will handle more than 3.

I have found that it is not "perfect" with all my shots, but I think most of
it has to do with how much overlap there is between the photos. It does
take some practice to figure out how to take photos that will stitch
together nicely. I've found it works well if you have at least 1/4 overlap
between photos.

You can get it to stitch some photos together that at first try wouldn't
stitch by making an adjustment in the Options. In the center of the window
is a Matching Options section. Change Min dim (pixels) from 400 to either
100 or 200. I'm not sure what all the other items in options do because I
haven't found a user's guide. One thing I have found is all the photos must
be the same size.

Experiment and have fun with it. Can't beat the price!

Andrew B
September 28th 10, 06:24 PM
"Oviedo" > wrote in message

<snip>

> I have been able to stitch 8 photos with it. Not sure what the limit is,
> but yes, the demo version will handle more than 3.
>
> I have found that it is not "perfect" with all my shots, but I think most
> of it has to do with how much overlap there is between the photos. It
> does take some practice to figure out how to take photos that will stitch
> together nicely. I've found it works well if you have at least 1/4
> overlap between photos.
>
> You can get it to stitch some photos together that at first try wouldn't
> stitch by making an adjustment in the Options. In the center of the
> window is a Matching Options section. Change Min dim (pixels) from 400 to
> either 100 or 200. I'm not sure what all the other items in options do
> because I haven't found a user's guide. One thing I have found is all the
> photos must be the same size.
>
> Experiment and have fun with it. Can't beat the price!

Hey, once I reverted to the original pictures (same size) it worked for the
five without problem.
Certainly the price is right!
Thanks again.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Google