PDA

View Full Version : Panel wiring

Colin Roney
September 28th 10, 12:36 PM
Would anyone recommend a suitable book which would help me understand
wiring up a glider panel.

cfinn
September 28th 10, 01:42 PM
On Sep 28, 7:36*am, Colin Roney > wrote:
> Would anyone recommend a suitable book which would help me understand
> wiring up a glider panel.

Greg Richter wrote a 36 page piece titled "Aircraft Wiring for Smart
People". It was designed to help folks make a better installation for
his EFIS systems and covers a lot that is extraneous for gliders.
However, it covers a lot of basics and will help you make some
decisions. He covers wire size, voltage drops, connectors, tools, etc.
You can download it at: http://bluemountainavionics.com/pdf/aircraft_wiring12july2008.pdf.

I don't know of specific books, but I'm sure they're out there. Hope
this helps some.

Charlie

Todd
September 28th 10, 02:35 PM
Here is another good book with practical construction tips and
techniques. Look around the site, there are a number of other free
tips there too.

http://www.aeroelectric.com/Catalog/pub/pub.html

Todd
September 28th 10, 03:12 PM
He used to charge for his book, now it is FREE pdf download!
Definitely worth the price.

Download here: http://www.aeroelectric.com/Book/AEC12A_PDF.zip

Also, read these tips: http://aeroelectric.com/articles/Getting_Started.pdf

Hundreds of pages of good stuff there.

Also look at FAA.gov. All their publications are pre-paid by the US
Taxpayer. All the "official" A&P training manuals there.
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aviation/ and
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/

ContestID67[_2_]
October 3rd 10, 06:10 AM
Take a look at these presentations which might help. I gave these at
an SSA convention a few years back. I updated them once between then
and now but need to do it again. They are getting a little long in
the tooth.

http://www.derosaweb.net/aviation/presentations/

- John DeRosa

Google