PDA

View Full Version : Hawker Siddeley HS.801 Nimrod XV231 2nd

Andrew B
October 5th 10, 12:03 PM
Taken at Manchester (EGCC) 8th September 2010

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Herman
October 9th 10, 06:11 PM
"Andrew B" > schreef in bericht
> Taken at Manchester (EGCC) 8th September 2010
>
> --
> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>
> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

"If it was cleaned up a bit, it would make a very nice airliner" (Chris
Wren)

xc
October 10th 10, 09:01 AM
Am 09.10.10 19:11, schrieb Herman:
> "Andrew > schreef in bericht
>> Taken at Manchester (EGCC) 8th September 2010
>>
>> --
>> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>>
>> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
>> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)
>
> "If it was cleaned up a bit, it would make a very nice airliner" (Chris
> Wren)

The Nimrod ist a deveopment of an airliner, the De Havilland Comet.

Andrew B
October 10th 10, 04:37 PM
"Herman" > wrote in message
b.home.nl...

> "Andrew B" > schreef in bericht
>> Taken at Manchester (EGCC) 8th September 2010
>>
>> --
>> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>>
>> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
>> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)
>
> "If it was cleaned up a bit, it would make a very nice airliner" (Chris
> Wren)

Plenty of room for luggage just don't open the bay doors accidentally.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Andrew B
October 10th 10, 04:37 PM
"xc" > wrote in message
y.telekom.at...
> Am 09.10.10 19:11, schrieb Herman:
>> "Andrew > schreef in bericht
>>> Taken at Manchester (EGCC) 8th September 2010
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>>>
>>> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
>>> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)
>>
>> "If it was cleaned up a bit, it would make a very nice airliner" (Chris
>> Wren)
>>

> The Nimrod ist a deveopment of an airliner, the De Havilland Comet.

From what I have heard the Comet was a very likeable aircraft that in a fair
number of cases still had plenty of life left in it. It just became too
expensive to run in comparison with newer airline aircraft, possibly a shame
the Mk.5 was never built.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Herman
October 14th 10, 12:18 AM
"xc" > schreef in bericht
y.telekom.at...
> Am 09.10.10 19:11, schrieb Herman:
>> "Andrew > schreef in bericht
>>> Taken at Manchester (EGCC) 8th September 2010
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>>>
>>> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
>>> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)
>>
>> "If it was cleaned up a bit, it would make a very nice airliner" (Chris
>> Wren)
>>

> The Nimrod ist a deveopment of an airliner, the De Havilland Comet.

"Whoosh" it went, over his head and "splash" against the wall behind him.

Dave Kearton[_3_]
October 14th 10, 12:32 AM
"Herman" > wrote in message
b.home.nl...

> "xc" > schreef in bericht
> y.telekom.at...
>> Am 09.10.10 19:11, schrieb Herman:
>>> "Andrew > schreef in bericht

>>> "If it was cleaned up a bit, it would make a very nice airliner" (Chris
>>> Wren)
>>>

>> The Nimrod ist a deveopment of an airliner, the De Havilland Comet.
>>

> "Whoosh" it went, over his head and "splash" against the wall behind him.

Never been accused of it myself, but sometimes it's possible to be too
subtle.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Herman
October 15th 10, 09:26 PM
"Dave Kearton" > schreef in bericht
> "Herman" > wrote in message
> b.home.nl...
>>
>> "xc" > schreef in bericht
>> y.telekom.at...

>>> The Nimrod ist a deveopment of an airliner, the De Havilland Comet.
>>>

>> "Whoosh" it went, over his head and "splash" against the wall behind him.
>>

> Never been accused of it myself, but sometimes it's possible to be too
> subtle.
>
> --
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave Kearton

I wasn't even trying to be subtle :-)

Chris Wren used the joke several times in his cartoons in Air International
(the last time at the appearance of the Nimrod AEW version), that's why I
dutifully put his name behind the quotation, having put it between quotation
marks.

Regards,
Herman

Bob (not my real pseudonym)
October 16th 10, 11:42 AM
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:26:53 +0200, "Herman"
> wrote:

>"Dave Kearton" > schreef in bericht
>> "Herman" > wrote in message
>> b.home.nl...
>>>
>>> "xc" > schreef in bericht
>>> y.telekom.at...

>>> "Whoosh" it went, over his head and "splash" against the wall behind him.
>>>

>> Never been accused of it myself, but sometimes it's possible to be too
>> subtle.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Dave Kearton
>>

>I wasn't even trying to be subtle :-)
>
>Chris Wren used the joke several times in his cartoons in Air International
>(the last time at the appearance of the Nimrod AEW version), that's why I
>dutifully put his name behind the quotation, having put it between quotation
>marks.
>
>Regards,
>Herman

Chris Wren did great caricatures.