PDA

View Full Version : 1956 Valiant crash at Southwick.

Chris McBrien
July 15th 03, 08:23 PM
On Friday the 12th May 1956 at 1315 hours a Valiant 'V' Bomber number
WP202 crashed into a railway embankment in Southwick, West Sussex. The
cause was put as a rudder lock. The pilot, Sqn/Ldr. K. Orman, tried to
put the a/c down in Southwick Recreation ground as it was the only
wide open space around. The a/c disintegrated when it hit the
embankment.

I've only been able to find the odd newspaper cutting from the Times
Index in my local library. Has anyone any deeper information. This
crash was only a mile or so from my Primary School. I was 12 at the
time.

Regards Chris McBrien (687410)

Google