PDA

View Full Version : Engine starters in the J41

Matthias Lieberecht
July 16th 03, 09:32 PM
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions about the BAe Jetstream 41.

In the engine management area of the overhead panel are the automatic and
manual starters. The function of the automatic starters is clear as there is
one starter for each engine. Below the automatic starters is the manual
starter. And here is my problem. There is just one switch with four
positions (normal, 60%, ignite and energise). How do I select the engine I
want to start (left or right)? The Jetstream 31 has two switches (I think
one for each engine) so here it's clear. But not with one switch for two
engines. Could it be that the engine is just select by opening the
corresponding HP valves with the combustion levers?

There is another question I have. The J41 has two engine management
computers. A TTL and an IEC computer. The function of the TTL computer is
clear as I know it from a couple of other aircraft types. I know about FADEC
and EEC systems but I've never heard about an IEC computer. Does anybody
know for what this IEC computer is in this turboprop?

Hope you can help!

Best Regards
Matthias

Google