PDA

View Full Version : Mt Washington -- The climb that goes to 11

T8
October 12th 10, 04:00 PM
A little tiny bit of what happened on Sunday, 10/10/10 at our Mt
Washington wave camp. Suspend your sense of disbelief and come along
for the ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrREDvTv5w

Evan Ludeman / T8

Frank Whiteley
October 12th 10, 04:05 PM
On Oct 12, 9:00*am, T8 > wrote:
> A little tiny bit of what happened on Sunday, 10/10/10 at our Mt
> Washington wave camp. *Suspend your sense of disbelief and come along
> for the ride:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrREDvTv5w
>
> Evan Ludeman / T8

Fun, isn't it?

Gaetan Trudel
October 12th 10, 07:58 PM
On 12 oct, 11:05, Frank Whiteley > wrote:
> On Oct 12, 9:00*am, T8 > wrote:
>
> > A little tiny bit of what happened on Sunday, 10/10/10 at our Mt
> > Washington wave camp. *Suspend your sense of disbelief and come along
> > for the ride:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrREDvTv5w
>
> > Evan Ludeman / T8
>
> Fun, isn't it?

Hi

Gaetan Trudel
October 12th 10, 08:05 PM
On 12 oct, 11:05, Frank Whiteley > wrote:
> On Oct 12, 9:00*am, T8 > wrote:
>
> > A little tiny bit of what happened on Sunday, 10/10/10 at our Mt
> > same Washington wave camp. *Suspend your sense of disbelief and come along
> > for the ride:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrREDvTv5w
>
> > Evan Ludeman / T8
>
> Fun, isn't it?

Hi
The same day the Montreal soaring council wave camp in Lake Placid NY
went to 18 k,
And the Baie St-Paul wave camp east of Quebec city went to 20 k
See OLC
Regards
S6

Luke[_4_]
October 12th 10, 08:41 PM
On Oct 12, 3:05*pm, Gaetan Trudel > wrote:
> On 12 oct, 11:05, Frank Whiteley > wrote:
>
> > On Oct 12, 9:00*am, T8 > wrote:
>
> > > A little tiny bit of what happened on Sunday, 10/10/10 at our Mt
> > > *same Washington wave camp. *Suspend your sense of disbelief and come along
> > > for the ride:
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrREDvTv5w
>
> > > Evan Ludeman / T8
>
> > Fun, isn't it?
>
> Hi
> The same day the Montreal soaring council wave camp in Lake Placid NY
> went to 18 k,
> And the Baie St-Paul wave camp east of Quebec city went to 20 k
> See OLC
> Regards
> S6

Wave went above 18k in LKP... unfortunately the airspace was closed :
(

Cheers,
Luke

T8
October 12th 10, 09:02 PM
On Oct 12, 3:41*pm, Luke > wrote:
> On Oct 12, 3:05*pm, Gaetan Trudel > wrote:

> > > Fun, isn't it?
>
> > Hi
> > The same day the Montreal soaring council wave camp in Lake Placid NY
> > went to 18 k,
> > And the Baie St-Paul wave camp east of Quebec city went to 20 k
> > See OLC
> > Regards
> > S6
>
> Wave went above 18k in LKP... *unfortunately the airspace was closed :
> (
>
> Cheers,
> Luke

Too bad!

We had airspace open to 30K at Mt Wash, and used most of it :-).

I was 20K+, three days in a row. I know of a couple of flights of at
least 26K. Not sure who had the best.

-Evan Ludeman / T8

Tony[_5_]
October 12th 10, 09:13 PM
gnarly!

only about an 1800 mile drive from here.

Bruno[_2_]
October 12th 10, 09:50 PM
On Oct 12, 9:00*am, T8 > wrote:
> A little tiny bit of what happened on Sunday, 10/10/10 at our Mt
> Washington wave camp. *Suspend your sense of disbelief and come along
> for the ride:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrREDvTv5w
>
> Evan Ludeman / T8

Bravo! Thanks so much for sharing. It is so amazing to experience
extended double digit climbs (in terms of knots).

Bruno - B4

Steven Waitekaitis
October 12th 10, 11:16 PM
Peter S had a 27k climb in his 1 35, But he did it in about a hour
and half from release.

> > > Hi
> > > The same day the Montreal soaring council wave camp in Lake Placid NY
> > > went to 18 k,
> > > And the Baie St-Paul wave camp east of Quebec city went to 20 k
> > > See OLC
> > > Regards
> > > S6
>
> > Wave went above 18k in LKP... *unfortunately the airspace was closed :
> > (
>
> > Cheers,
> > Luke
>
> Too bad!
>
> We had airspace open to 30K at Mt Wash, and used most of it :-).
>
> I was 20K+, three days in a row. *I know of a couple of flights of at
> least 26K. *Not sure who had the best.
>
> -Evan Ludeman / T8

rlovinggood
October 13th 10, 02:40 AM
On Oct 12, 11:00*am, T8 > wrote:
> A little tiny bit of what happened on Sunday, 10/10/10 at our Mt
> Washington wave camp. *Suspend your sense of disbelief and come along
> for the ride:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrREDvTv5w
>
> Evan Ludeman / T8

Evan,

I've seen my 302 with the indicator needle over on that side of the
dial, too.

Except mine was in the negative range and the sound wasn't nearly as
pleasant...

Looks like a fun time was had by you and the Twenty!

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Google