PDA

View Full Version : looking for model aircraft for teaching ground school purposes

Sylvain
August 17th 03, 07:31 AM
am still working towards becoming a CFI, putting together
lesson plans and all that sort of things;

I have been looking for a model aircraft that would be
suitable for teaching ground school; i.e., ideally,
should look like a GA aircraft, may be moving surfaces
(i.e., ailerons, elevator, rudder...), a moving prop;
but doesn't have to be a flyable model.

I remember having seen in some flying clubs in the past
neat models like this, but never thought of asking
where they came from; I searched the local hobby shops,
and although these shops are full of wonderful stuff (I
could spend hours there :-), nothing that comes close;
i.e., either very flimsy/fragile flying models, or
display models (always depicting military aircraft,
fragile too, and no moving parts);

Thought about looking into some construction sets (e.g.,
erector, lego, etc.) but to no avail yet;

any suggestion?

--Sylvain

Hunter
August 18th 03, 04:44 PM
Believe it or not, you can find some at Walmart every know and then.

On 16 Aug 2003 23:31:10 -0700, (Sylvain) wrote:

>am still working towards becoming a CFI, putting together
>lesson plans and all that sort of things;
>
>I have been looking for a model aircraft that would be
>suitable for teaching ground school; i.e., ideally,
>should look like a GA aircraft, may be moving surfaces
>(i.e., ailerons, elevator, rudder...), a moving prop;
>but doesn't have to be a flyable model.

Sylvain
August 18th 03, 11:17 PM
Hunter > wrote in message >...
> Believe it or not, you can find some at Walmart every know and then.
>
> >I have been looking for a model aircraft that would be
> >suitable for teaching ground school;

will be looking; the models that Sporty's sell is pretty much
the same stuff I found at my local pilot shop which is not what
I have in mind (no moving parts);

--Sylvain

Margy Natalie
August 19th 03, 01:35 AM
I know they make them (I have one). I got mine from the Civil Air Patrol Supply Depot which I
think is now defunct. I've seen them at some FBO's. You may want to ask. I think mine actually
said Cessna on the package, but I don't remember.

Margy

Sylvain wrote:

> Hunter > wrote in message >...
> > Believe it or not, you can find some at Walmart every know and then.
> >
> > >I have been looking for a model aircraft that would be
> > >suitable for teaching ground school;
>
> will be looking; the models that Sporty's sell is pretty much
> the same stuff I found at my local pilot shop which is not what
> I have in mind (no moving parts);
>
> --Sylvain

Google