PDA

View Full Version : So much for tort reform.

Roy Smith
September 9th 03, 05:28 PM
This has got to be one of the most assinine rulings I've ever heard
of. Take a look at

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/09/nyregion/09WIRE-SUIT.html?hpZ

RobertR237
September 9th 03, 07:36 PM
In article >, (Roy Smith) writes:

>This has got to be one of the most assinine rulings I've ever heard
>of. Take a look at
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/09/nyregion/09WIRE-SUIT.html?hpZ

Yep and they will end up being more of Juan's successful lawsuits. What a damn
crock! It's all about GREED!

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Peter R.
September 9th 03, 10:05 PM
Roy Smith wrote:

> This has got to be one of the most assinine rulings I've ever heard
> of. Take a look at

How about a quick summary, or relevant quotes from the article? To see
the article at the link requires a userid. I do not want to sign up.

Thanks,

--
Peter

Roy Smith
September 10th 03, 06:57 PM
In article m>,
Peter R. > wrote:
>Roy Smith wrote:
>
>> This has got to be one of the most assinine rulings I've ever heard
>> of. Take a look at
>
>How about a quick summary, or relevant quotes from the article? To see
>the article at the link requires a userid. I do not want to sign up.

Signup is free, and you can make up a name if you want to be anonymous.

But anyway, there was a ruling that the lawsuit against Boeing by
families of 9/11 victims can proceed. The claim is that Boeing should
have anticipated that somebody would try to hijack a plane and fly it
into a building so they should have made the cockpit doors stronger.

Likewise for the suit against the Port Authority (which built and
owned the World Trade Center).

RobertR237
September 10th 03, 07:35 PM
In article m>, Peter R.
> writes:

>> This has got to be one of the most assinine rulings I've ever heard
>> of. Take a look at
>
>How about a quick summary, or relevant quotes from the article? To see
>the article at the link requires a userid. I do not want to sign up.
>
>Thanks,

I did...but I didn't. It asked for a user id and password along with your
email address. I gave it to them as "ThisIsDumb" for everything. The email
address I used was ". As it turned out, they rejected my
"ThisIsDumb" user id since it had already been used and recommended
"ThisIsDumb69" as an alternative. Seems that I was not the only one who
thought the logon process was DUMB.

The story by the way, was also on the national news last night and covered the
Judges ruling that the Airlines, Boeing, NY Port Authority, and several others
could all be sued over the 9/11 disaster. Seems that we must make a bad thing
worse by adding greed to the mix.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)