PDA

View Full Version : Re: Shadin flowmeter problems - anyone else sees this?

Bill Zaleski
October 31st 03, 01:22 AM
I have used a Microflo for 4000 hours now. I have found that unless
you leave power on for about one minute after setting FOB, the gal
remaining, or the fuel used, I can't remember which, will not be
correct. Yes, it is EEPROM memory, and does not need power to hold
data, but seems to need power for a little bit to insure the storage.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:39:02 +0000, Peter >
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've had a Shadin Microflo for a year and a half, and it has what
>looks like a hardware or software bug: after setting a new FOB figure,
>waiting for it to save it, turning off power, turning power back on,
>it has lost the new FOB setting and has reverted to the original FOB
>setting which was there before I started to change it.
>
>There is a strong correlation between how long the unit has been ON
>(or OFF) since the FOB was set, and losing the data: the longer one
>waits, the less likely it is to get lost.
>
>I have now had FOUR of these changed (under warranty) and they all do
>it. Sometimes one has to set the FOB (at fill-up time) ten times or
>more before it "sticks" in the memory.
>
>Shadin always respond with a standard reply asking for serial number
>and other into and don't acknowledge any knowledge of this. They have
>however confirmed that there is no battery which might go flat, so I
>assume it is an EEPROM/FLASH, in which case (I have designed lots of
>electronic products) it would appear a pretty serious "feature".
>
>Has anyone else seen this?
>

>Peter.

Google