November 7th 03, 12:44 AM
Want to give as a gift. Where can one go for a scenic sailplane ride in
Washington?

(A professional business please) Not interested in a glider club or the local
banner tow company who only does it part-time.

Thanks. kb

Larry Fransson
November 7th 03, 02:46 AM
On 2003-11-06 16:44:32 -0800, (null) said:

> Want to give as a gift. Where can one go for a scenic sailplane ride in
> Washington?

There are lots of gliders in Arlington. That's the only place I know of on the west side anyway. There used to be a lot of activity in Issaquah, but that was many years ago before they sold the land for commercial development and built a Costco and multiplex theater on top of it.

Charly Whitaker
November 15th 03, 06:52 AM
I know there used to be a lot of activity in Ephrata during warmer
weather. Wave camps and etc. there. I also know that there are some
gliders that operate out of Pangborn airport in Wenatchee during warm
weather as well.

Charly

Kbh2u wrote:

>Want to give as a gift. Where can one go for a scenic sailplane ride in
>Washington?
>
>(A professional business please) Not interested in a glider club or the local
>banner tow company who only does it part-time.
>
>Thanks. kb

Google