PDA

View Full Version : flying clubs / FBO near Seattle?

Sylvain
December 5th 03, 10:48 PM
well, I'll be in the Seattle area next week for some job
interviews and it would be real nice if I had the
opportunity to check out a couple of FBOs or flying clubs
in the area...

here's what I am looking for (based on what I am doing
these days): I mostly fly cherokees, but
would also like to have access to light twins (e.g., Duchess)
-- with possibility to fly them solo; access to tailwheel
aircraft would definitely be neat, and the possibility of
taking an aircraft away for a weekend / longer trips; oh,
a club/FBO who would welcome a new free-lance CFI would be
ideal (haven't passed the checkride yet, but I am getting
close :-) -- now I don't mind flying from multiple FBOs/clubs
in order to find what I am looking for (this is what I do
here, and said FBOs/club don't mind either);

any suggestion would be most welcome,

--Sylvain

Larry Fransson
December 6th 03, 01:02 PM
On 2003-12-05 14:48:14 -0800, (Sylvain) said:

> here's what I am looking for (based on what I am doing
> these days): I mostly fly cherokees, but
> would also like to have access to light twins (e.g., Duchess)
> -- with possibility to fly them solo; access to tailwheel
> aircraft would definitely be neat, and the possibility of
> taking an aircraft away for a weekend / longer trips;

Wings Aloft on Boeing Field has a couple of Seneca IIs that can be
rented. I don't recall the checkout requirements exactly. They also have a
Citabria. The rest of their fleet conists mostly of Cessna 172s with a few
182s (fixed & retractable), two P210s, a Mooney 231, and a couple of Cirruses -
both SR-20 and SR-22. They have one of the more liberal policies
regarding where you can go and for how long. You can go to any
charted airport - paved, grass, even sand, and their daily minimums
go from zero (weekdays this time of year) to at most two hours (summer
weekends).

> a club/FBO who would welcome a new free-lance CFI would be
> ideal

They have a bunch of full-time instructors on staff, but I have known them
to allow members who are instructors to instruct students that they brought
in. In one case, a member asked to have a particular outside instructor. The
instructor just had to become a member.

--
Larry Fransson
Seattle, WA