PDA

View Full Version : Holiday aviation reading

Bob Ingraham
December 24th 03, 03:05 PM
If you've got some extra time this holiday, please consider taking a look at
some of my aviation-related web pages.

My home page is at <http://www.ingraham.ca/bob>.

Some specific suggestions:

When I was young and still foolish, I climbed into a U.S. Forest Service
bird dog plane for a flight over a forest fire. Big mistake! Read the story
at <http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/crash.html>.

When it first took to the air, the Douglas DC-3 wasn't a DC-3 at all, but a
DST. Read the explanation and see the pictures at
<http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/DST.html>.

In 1948, my friend Ben Guilliamse flew with his parents from Curacao to
Amsterdam on a KLM Constellation. Over the North Atlantic in the middle of
the night, it became a flight to remember.
http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/aben1.html

Early in the morning of Christmas day, 1954, a routine Boeing Stratocruiser
flight from London to Prestwick turned tragic. A surviving cover -- a "crash
cover" -- helps to tell the story, parts of which have never been told
before: <http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/prestwick.html>

Bob Ingraham

Google