PDA

View Full Version : Details on Wittman Buttercup

Charlie
November 24th 03, 03:44 PM
Wanted photos and/or detailed dimensions for Wittman Buttercup. Apparently
the original
in at the museum in Oshkosh. Anyone live near it? I have already seen the
magazine article.

I understand it has a 29' wingspan, fuselage length 20 feet, 65-100 HP
engine, 2 seats side-by-side, 40" wide cabin, high wing - double struts,
tube and fabric, STOL capabilities - 300 foot, landing speed with full flaps
40 mph, empty weight 790-819 lbs, gross weight 1290 lbs, fuel tank 19-29
gallons and 130 mph cruise.

I estimate the wing chord at 54" and there appears to be 10 ribs for each
half of the wing not counting the special tapered tips. Wing thickness is
unknown. Wing area 130 square feet approximately. Flaps are 3/4 length.

CM

John Oliveira
November 25th 03, 04:19 AM
You need to talk to Earl Luce of Brockport NY. Here is a link to his Web
Site. He has built a Buttercup replica that was featured in sport aviation.
He has plans he sells and various parts including welded fuselages.

http://luceair.com/

John Oliveira
RV9a - Working on Fuselage
Honeoye Falls, NY

"Charlie" > wrote in message
.. .
> Wanted photos and/or detailed dimensions for Wittman Buttercup. Apparently
> the original
> in at the museum in Oshkosh. Anyone live near it? I have already seen the
> magazine article.
>
> I understand it has a 29' wingspan, fuselage length 20 feet, 65-100 HP
> engine, 2 seats side-by-side, 40" wide cabin, high wing - double struts,
> tube and fabric, STOL capabilities - 300 foot, landing speed with full
flaps
> 40 mph, empty weight 790-819 lbs, gross weight 1290 lbs, fuel tank 19-29
> gallons and 130 mph cruise.
>
> I estimate the wing chord at 54" and there appears to be 10 ribs for each
> half of the wing not counting the special tapered tips. Wing thickness is
> unknown. Wing area 130 square feet approximately. Flaps are 3/4 length.
>
> CM

Google