PDA

View Full Version : Re: Can you say: Payne Stewart ? - Explosive Decompression? Try it yourself, numbnuts.

S Narayan
January 14th 04, 07:59 PM
"=> Vox Populi ©" > wrote in message
> Arnold Wolfcaste wrote:
> > "Yardpilot" > wrote in message
> >> Those delightfully quirky fellows on Myth Busters decided to play
> >> explosive
> >> decompression from a gunshot with a DC-9. They pressurized it and
> >> fired
> >> through the skin from the inside. Nothing. They pressurized it and
> >> fired
> >> through a window. Nothing. Oh, well. Looks like a big, "Neener!
> >> Neener" goes
> >> out to certain folks.
>
> Sure numbnuts, try it in actual flight and see:

This has nothing do with that controlled experiment. Payne Stewart's a/c
could have decompressed for any number of other reasons and the size of the
leak if that's it was. In a smaller plane, the results could be more
catastrophic esp at the higher altitudes.

> By Brian Knowlton International Herald Tribune
> WASHINGTON - Investigators were sifting Tuesday through a small, blackened
> crater in a South Dakota pasture where the private jet carrying the golfer
Payne
> Stewart and five other people had crashed, ending an eerie flight that
millions
> of people, including Mr. Stewart's wife, had followed live on television.
> Bodies still were being recovered from the site.

snip, and removed irrelevant crossposting

C J Campbell
January 14th 04, 09:18 PM
Payne Stewart's plane did not have an explosive decompression.

S Narayan
January 14th 04, 10:22 PM
I said it decompressed for any number of reasons. I didn't use the word
"explosive" in my original reply.

"C J Campbell" > wrote in message
> Payne Stewart's plane did not have an explosive decompression.

Google