PDA

View Full Version : risky storage?

R.Hubbell
February 8th 04, 04:50 AM
Nice old Cessna 170:

http://images.traderonline.com/img/2/dealer/3028490/60018712_3.jpg

But....
What caught my eye was the creative support for the roof rafters.
I think there's a cable running the span length. It's probably
plenty strong enough but it looks a little unconventional.
I got a kick out of it....

R. Hubbell

February 9th 04, 02:34 AM
Actually, that cable is a normal support... what looks abnormal is the
standoff stuff above the cable... It looks to me like the beam got
weak over time and the cable and stand-offs were added later.

Jer/

R.Hubbell > wrote:

> Nice old Cessna 170:

> http://images.traderonline.com/img/2/dealer/3028490/60018712_3.jpg

> But....
> What caught my eye was the creative support for the roof rafters.
> I think there's a cable running the span length. It's probably
> plenty strong enough but it looks a little unconventional.
> I got a kick out of it....

> R. Hubbell

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://www.frii.net/~jer

Ron Natalie
February 9th 04, 03:19 PM
"R.Hubbell" > wrote in message ...

> What caught my eye was the creative support for the roof rafters.
> I think there's a cable running the span length. It's probably
> plenty strong enough but it looks a little unconventional.
> I got a kick out of it....

It's a homemade truss. Would you rather it have a post running
through the middle of the airplane.

R.Hubbell
February 11th 04, 07:17 AM
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:19:22 -0500 "Ron Natalie" > wrote:

> "R.Hubbell" > wrote in message ...
> >

> > What caught my eye was the creative support for the roof rafters.
> > I think there's a cable running the span length. It's probably
> > plenty strong enough but it looks a little unconventional.
> > I got a kick out of it....
>
> It's a homemade truss. Would you rather it have a post running
> through the middle of the airplane.

I dub thee Master of the Obvious. :)

R. Hubbell

Google