PDA

View Full Version : Balancing act

Big John
November 27th 03, 12:51 AM
11/24/03 AW&ST

Lord Corp and Hamilton Sundstrand are teaming to offer the In-Flight
Propeller Balancing system that automatically adjusts propeller
balance while the aircraft is flying. The installation features one
balancing device for each propeller and one electronic controller,
which accepts accelerometer inputs from the rotating propeller to
constantly adjust the position of weights to minimize an unbalanced
condition.

----clip----

What won't they think of next <G>

Big John

Fly
November 28th 03, 04:33 PM
Nothing new per se.... the idea and general mechanisms have been around
since 1920's..if not earlier.
And I'd be very surprised if there hasn't been some electrical models since
then.

Kent Felkins
Tulsa

"Big John" > wrote in message
> 11/24/03 AW&ST
>
> Lord Corp and Hamilton Sundstrand are teaming to offer the In-Flight
> Propeller Balancing system that automatically adjusts propeller
> balance while the aircraft is flying. The installation features one
> balancing device for each propeller and one electronic controller,
> which accepts accelerometer inputs from the rotating propeller to
> constantly adjust the position of weights to minimize an unbalanced
> condition.

> What won't they think of next <G>
>
> Big John

Google