PDA

View Full Version : tube type navcom

Pam
March 21st 04, 07:43 PM
I am trying to help a friend sell a tube type navcom on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086265213

Blanche
March 22nd 04, 03:37 AM
Pam > wrote:
>I am trying to help a friend sell a tube type navcom on ebay.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086265213

Donate it to the nearest museum. Most of them aren't work anything,
not even as scrap.

Orval Fairbairn
March 22nd 04, 03:44 AM
In article >,
"Pam" > wrote:

> I am trying to help a friend sell a tube type navcom on ebay.
>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086265213

They make good boat anchors, or, you can gut them and use the faces for
simulated "original" equipment in an antique.

Truth is, a lot of the old stuff does not meet transmitter specs for use
in aircraft.

kage
March 22nd 04, 05:36 PM
A MkIII doesn't even make a good boat anchor. It's not heavy enough!

KG
"Orval Fairbairn" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Pam" > wrote:
>
> > I am trying to help a friend sell a tube type navcom on ebay.
> >

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086265213
> >

> They make good boat anchors, or, you can gut them and use the faces for
> simulated "original" equipment in an antique.
>
> Truth is, a lot of the old stuff does not meet transmitter specs for use
> in aircraft.

Don Tuite
March 22nd 04, 05:49 PM
Could you fit a speech compressor and some output filters into a
Super-Homer or other coffee-grinder?

Don

Google