PDA

View Full Version : FLY-IN & CONVENTION - ARRIVAL PROCEDURES

Don
May 8th 04, 01:08 AM
Airport News:

Upon arrival you will be greeted by the Friends of Grand Glaize
Airport. A special package of goodies has been prepared for you by the
Friends of Grand Glaize.

Grand Glaize will accomadte about 100 aircraft. The airport is going
to be classified as a VFR airport for the weekend of the flyin. It
will allow more parking of aircraft onsite. The runway centerline
limits for parking are reduced when the airport is a VFR classified
facility.

There will be NO FEES for landing and the airport has waived the tie
down fee for the event. To update the AOPA info on our website there
is no banner towing and no ultra lights. This will be a VFR event at
Grand Glaize

ALL THOSE COMING TO THE EVENT MUST CALL "Mizzou Approach" within 50
miles, any quadrant of the Grand Glaize airport on 124.1 to get flight
following to the airport. NO TOWER WILL BE AVAILABLE AT GRAND GLAIZE.
As we are expecting from 100 to 150 aircraft possible Friday we want
to make it as safe as possible for all.

The Civil Air Patrol will be tasked with parking of aircraft. They
will guide you to your parking destination. They will have ATV's to
help with your luggage if required.

Upon your departure Sunday the Colombia Misourri FSS will have a
representative at both the Grand Glaize and the Lee C Fine (AIZ)
airport to assist with departure information. They may be bringing
there mobile FSS support facility.

There will be transportation to and from the airport Friday, Saturday
and Sunday. The city provides transportation from the airport to many
sites in and around town including the 110 store fashion outlet mall.

The AIZ airport has a VOR, ILS and Localizer approach should you have
the need to file IFR. AIZ will be the reliever for Grand Glaize.
Transportation will be provided from both airports.

I want to note the following organizations are all meeting monday
morning on our behalf to work out the deatils necessary to make our
event a succesful one:

City of Osage Beach:
Chamber of Commerce
Police Department (Airport Security)
Volunteers from the airport groups
Misourri Civil Air Patrol
and a representative of Tan Tar A.

Lest any of you dont think this is going to be a big event think
again. These people are giving generiously of there time to plan an
event that will be safe and enjoyable for all. If you have not
registered DO SO. Dont miss out. This is going to be fun!

I am sure there is something I left out but I will be posting an
instruction note wtih all of this info and more soon. Please take a
look at the Cherokee Flyin Website by next week for updated news.

See you all there!

Ken

Google