PDA

View Full Version : Re: Missing 757

The Murinator
September 5th 04, 07:31 PM
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 17:14:12 GMT, robert luis rabello
> wrote:

re: the 757 hitting the Pentagon on 9/11/01:

> I understand where you're coming from in this, and I grasp the
>significance of trying to prove a negative. The landing gear is but
>one piece of the puzzle. If the aircraft that impacted the building
>WAS, in fact, a 757, how could the landing gear be retracted when the
>automatic, onboard system puts the landing gear down without input
>from the cockpit? A good question to ask is this: "Can the landing
>gear be retracted manually?"

I didn't know that the 757 extended its gear automatically. I see
this assertion all over the conspiracy websites, but I've never see it
anywhere else.

Does the 757 drop its gear automatically? If so, would it do so at
cruise power 10 feet off the ground?

Ron Parsons
September 7th 04, 10:42 PM
In article >,
(The Murinator) wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 17:14:12 GMT, robert luis rabello
> wrote:
>
>re: the 757 hitting the Pentagon on 9/11/01:
>
>> I understand where you're coming from in this, and I grasp the
>>significance of trying to prove a negative. The landing gear is but
>>one piece of the puzzle. If the aircraft that impacted the building
>>WAS, in fact, a 757, how could the landing gear be retracted when the
>>automatic, onboard system puts the landing gear down without input
>>from the cockpit? A good question to ask is this: "Can the landing
>>gear be retracted manually?"
>
>I didn't know that the 757 extended its gear automatically. I see
>this assertion all over the conspiracy websites, but I've never see it
>anywhere else.
>
>Does the 757 drop its gear automatically? If so, would it do so at
>cruise power 10 feet off the ground?

It does not.

--
Ron Parsons