PDA

View Full Version : Re: Anyone has the EDM700 data download software?

James M. Knox
September 10th 04, 03:15 PM
Peter > wrote in
:

> This was on the jpinstruments.com website for years, but it is no
> longer there and they haven't (yet) replied to my emails about it.

Peter,

I realize Jay just sent you a copy, but for future reference there is
nothing "special" about the software. You can pull the data in with
Hyperterminal (or any other such program). The data is just comma
delimited text. It can then be imported into Excel (for example) for
charting and other fun times.

James M. Knox
September 13th 04, 02:36 PM
Peter > wrote in
:

> James - I am not sure in the case of the EDM700. I have seen it, and
> there is a text header followed by a load of binary data. The JPI
> software uncompresses this block into the .csv files which you refer
> to. Perhaps they do another product which emits just .csv but my 2002
> EDM700 doesn't.

Hmmm... I just realized we are talking about two different things. I was
talking about the data the EDM700 generates in realtime. But I believe YOU
are talking about the stored data if you have the memory option. And you
are right, that is not the same format.

Sorry for the confusion.
jmk

Google