PDA

View Full Version : Re: Anyone know anything about this aircraft? - "unk_plane.jpg" 89.5 KBytes

Ron Natalie
December 1st 03, 03:44 PM
"Ray" > wrote in message hlink.net...
> My father took this picture in either the late 50's or early 60's, and was
> wondering if anyone had any information on the aircraft. I checked the N
> number with FAA and they didn't have anything on this plane, though they did
> have others that had the number in the past.

A little googling shows it is likely a "Delta Kitten"
http://www.infinetivity.com/~rrhoyt/EAA25/NewsLeters/archive/tech-form/myst512/nl5dec_b.html#myst512
http://www.infinetivity.com/~rrhoyt/EAA25/NewsLeters/archive/tech-form/myst512/nl6feb_a.html

Ray
December 1st 03, 04:18 PM
Sure looks like it. The picture was taken in Ohio to the best of my
knowledge. Does anyone know if any of these things are still flying?

Ray Kurian

Harry O
December 2nd 03, 01:06 AM
The Delta Kitten by Marion Baker of Huron, Ohio. One place; all metal; 85hp
Contenental; 18'-0" wingspan; 13'-5" length; gross weight 880#; empty weight
573#; 16 gallons of fuel; top speed 200mph; cruising speed 65% power 130mph;
stall speed 65mph; takeoff run 500'; landing roll 600'; ceiling 12,000';
range 300 miles. This was a regular at early EAA fly-in's. It was written
up in several Air Progress magazines. One of the last references I have
says that there was 700+ hours on the airframe. I don't believe that there
were any plans offered. I never saw another one.

"Ray" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> My father took this picture in either the late 50's or early 60's, and was
> wondering if anyone had any information on the aircraft. I checked the N
> number with FAA and they didn't have anything on this plane, though they
did
> have others that had the number in the past.
>
> It appears to be all aluminum, single seat and a delta wing configuration.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Ray Kurian

Google