PDA

View Full Version : SSA Tracking page?

Grider Pirate
October 21st 10, 03:32 PM
I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
"The page cannot be found"
It may well just be a local network thing. Anyone else having trouble?

Tony[_5_]
October 21st 10, 03:45 PM
On Oct 21, 9:32*am, Grider Pirate > wrote:
> I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
> "The page cannot be found"
> It may well just be a local network thing. *Anyone else having trouble?

not working for me either

Wayne Paul
October 21st 10, 03:47 PM
"Grider Pirate" > wrote in message ...
>I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
> "The page cannot be found"
> It may well just be a local network thing. Anyone else having trouble?

I am not having a problem. However, there is one thing that should be noted. This is a members only page and you need to be logged into SSA.ORG prior to going to the tracking page.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Grider Pirate
October 21st 10, 03:51 PM
On Oct 21, 7:47*am, "Wayne Paul" > wrote:
> "Grider Pirate" > wrote in ...
> >I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
> > "The page cannot be found"
> > It may well just be a local network thing. *Anyone else having trouble?
>
> I am not having a problem. *However, there is one thing that should be noted. *This is a members only page and you need to be logged into SSA.ORG prior to going to the tracking page.
>
> Waynehttp://www.soaridaho.com/

I'm logged in, no joy. My understanding was that anyone can get to
the tracking page, and only needed to be logged in to view those
members who elected to restrict viewing of their spot pages to SSA
members.

Cliff Hilty[_2_]
October 21st 10, 03:53 PM
No trouble here, even got to my page and saw last saturday's flight :)

CH

At 14:32 21 October 2010, Grider Pirate wrote:
>I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
>"The page cannot be found"
>It may well just be a local network thing. Anyone else having trouble?

Grider Pirate
October 21st 10, 04:03 PM
On Oct 21, 7:53*am, Cliff Hilty
> wrote:
> No trouble here, even got to my page and saw last saturday's flight :)
>
> CH
>
> At 14:32 21 October 2010, Grider Pirate wrote:
>

> >I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
> >"The page cannot be found"
> >It may well just be a local network thing. *Anyone else having trouble?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. I guess the local network police have decided to keep the
system safe from this threat.

Wayne Paul
October 21st 10, 04:13 PM
I'm logged into the sight and not having a problem using Google Chrome as my browser. I opened IE and checked the page prior to logging in and didn't have a problem viewing the page.

Everything appears to be normal here in Nampa, Idaho.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

"Grider Pirate" > wrote in message ...
On Oct 21, 7:47 am, "Wayne Paul" > wrote:
> "Grider Pirate" > wrote in ...
> >I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
> > "The page cannot be found"
> > It may well just be a local network thing. Anyone else having trouble?
>
> I am not having a problem. However, there is one thing that should be noted. This is a members only page and you need to be logged into SSA.ORG prior to going to the tracking page.
>
> Waynehttp://www.soaridaho.com/

I'm logged in, no joy. My understanding was that anyone can get to
the tracking page, and only needed to be logged in to view those
members who elected to restrict viewing of their spot pages to SSA
members.

Jeff Casto[_2_]
October 21st 10, 05:48 PM
At 15:13 21 October 2010, Wayne Paul wrote:
>I'm logged into the sight and not having a problem using Google Chrome
=
>as my browser. I opened IE and checked the page prior to logging in and
=
>didn't have a problem viewing the page.
>
>Everything appears to be normal here in Nampa, Idaho.
>
>Wayne
>http://www.soaridaho.com/

...=

=
>..com...
>> >I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
>> > "The page cannot be found"
>> > It may well just be a local network thing. Anyone else having =
>trouble?
>>
>> I am not having a problem. However, there is one thing that should be
=
>noted. This is a members only page and you need to be logged into =
>SSA.ORG prior to going to the tracking page.
>>
>> Waynehttp://www.soaridaho.com/
>
>I'm logged in, no joy. My understanding was that anyone can get to
>the tracking page, and only needed to be logged in to view those
>members who elected to restrict viewing of their spot pages to SSA
>members.

I think it may be a server problem. I can't get to my SSA homepage after
logging in.

Jeff

Jeff Casto[_2_]
October 21st 10, 05:49 PM

=
>..com...
>> >I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
>> > "The page cannot be found"
>> > It may well just be a local network thing. Anyone else having =
>trouble?
>>
>> I am not having a problem. However, there is one thing that should be
=
>noted. This is a members only page and you need to be logged into =
>SSA.ORG prior to going to the tracking page.
>>
>> Waynehttp://www.soaridaho.com/
>
>I'm logged in, no joy. My understanding was that anyone can get to
>the tracking page, and only needed to be logged in to view those
>members who elected to restrict viewing of their spot pages to SSA
>members.

I think it may be a server problem. I can't get to my SSA homepage after
logging in.

Jeff

Jeff Casto[_2_]
October 21st 10, 05:51 PM

=
>..com...
>> >I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
>> > "The page cannot be found"
>> > It may well just be a local network thing. Anyone else having =
>trouble?
>>
>> I am not having a problem. However, there is one thing that should be
=
>noted. This is a members only page and you need to be logged into =
>SSA.ORG prior to going to the tracking page.
>>
>> Waynehttp://www.soaridaho.com/
>
>I'm logged in, no joy. My understanding was that anyone can get to
>the tracking page, and only needed to be logged in to view those
>members who elected to restrict viewing of their spot pages to SSA
>members.

I think it may be a server problem. I can't get to my SSA homepage after
logging in.

Jeff

Brian[_1_]
October 21st 10, 07:24 PM
I can't see the tracking page with IE7 or or Chrome.

perhaps some people that are seeing it are seeing cached pages from
their Browser.

Brian

Grider Pirate
October 21st 10, 08:10 PM
On Oct 21, 11:24*am, Brian > wrote:
> I can't see the tracking page with IE7 or or Chrome.
>
> perhaps some people that are seeing it are seeing cached pages from
> their Browser.
>
> Brian

Hmmmm. Working now. I even looked up the position of my Spot
(Parking lot at work). I am able to see my spot without being logged
in to the SSA. Must have been the link.... or something.

Wayne Paul
October 21st 10, 10:44 PM
"Brian" > wrote in message ...
>I can't see the tracking page with IE7 or or Chrome.
>
> perhaps some people that are seeing it are seeing cached pages from
> their Browser.
>
> Brian

Brian,

Tom Dixon did a bit of testing and realized that one of the three ways of accessing the page had a broken link. The pull down line under SSA on the left hand side of the page and the one located in the articles section worked; however, the one on the right side of the page link didn't. Gregg MacPherson was notified and he immediately fixed the broken link.

Wayne

Brian[_1_]
October 22nd 10, 12:25 AM
Mine is working ok now, so something has been fixed.

Frank[_12_]
October 23rd 10, 04:48 AM
On Oct 21, 10:47*am, "Wayne Paul" > wrote:
> "Grider Pirate" > wrote in ...
> >I tried to get to the tracking page from SSA.org today, and got
> > "The page cannot be found"
> > It may well just be a local network thing. *Anyone else having trouble?
>
> I am not having a problem. *However, there is one thing that should be noted. *This is a members only page and you need to be logged into SSA.ORG prior to going to the tracking page.
>
> Waynehttp://www.soaridaho.com/

Just to be explicit about access to the Sailplane Tracking page. I
was part of the original discussions on this issue, and am pretty sure
you do not have to be logged in or to be an SSA member to access the
page. However, you *do* have to be logged in to link through to the
SPOT page for anyone who chose the "Members Only" access option when
they added tracking info to their profile. Personally I have no clue
why someone would do this (select 'Members Only'), except possibly as
a bid for a Darwin award.

Frank (TA)

Google