PDA

View Full Version : CA 20100810 _03_ Dawson City Air North HS748 C-FAGI

Graham Harrison[_2_]
October 28th 10, 09:44 AM

Andrew B
October 28th 10, 10:55 AM
"Graham Harrison" > wrote in message

It has been a good few years since I last saw an airborne HS.748 and I
didn't realise that so many were still in use until I looked at Wiki.

Great to see a nice looking example being put to good use.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Graham Harrison[_2_]
October 28th 10, 11:45 AM
"Andrew B" > wrote in message
om...

> "Graham Harrison" > wrote in
> message ...
>>

> It has been a good few years since I last saw an airborne HS.748 and I
> didn't realise that so many were still in use until I looked at Wiki.
>
> Great to see a nice looking example being put to good use.
>
> --
> Andrew B (Cheshire, England)
>
> "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
> (Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

I've always liked 748s and, like you I haven't seen one, much less ridden
one, for several years. We got to ride it because the road from Dawson
across to the Alaska highway via Eagle(!) was washed out and Gray Line chose
to fly us instead of driving all the way back to Whitehorse. The interior
is, as one might expect, not very modern and I think Air North have
installed a home made bulkhead at the front of the passenger cabin to
provide a bit more freight space.

Google