PDA

View Full Version : Re: GREAT READING - NOV GLIDING INTERNATIONAL

Dan[_6_]
October 28th 10, 02:44 PM
On Oct 14, 4:48*pm, johnhamish > wrote:
> Our November issue goes in the mail next week.
>
> Lots of compliments about the new format of the magazine. *We thought
> you might like to know what is in our November issue.
> -
> *THE FEATURE STORIES IN THE NOVEMBER ISSUE OF GLIDING INTERNATIONAL
> ARE AS FOLLOWS -
>
> • * *The new inexpensive tool that markedly improves winch launch
> safety. *Should be a compulsory adjunct to winching.
>
> • * *The Idaflieg 2010 German convention. *Report by Jochen Ewald on
> the year’s research by German university students. *Enlightening.
>
> • * Tune in to Tomorrow. * Laser machines being used to build
> structural components for aircraft - all without moulds. *Great for
> the future of our sailplane manufacturing industry.
>
> • * The future for the Blanik looks bleak! *A report on the background
> to the sailplane and the manufacturing company.
>
> • * * The new winglet invention that tackles wake issues. Patented!
>
> • *An interview with the pilot that withdrew from the Hungarian World
> Championships over safety concerns. *A lesson to be learnt here!
>
> • *Klaus Ohlmann makes a big change in direction. *New record future
> for Klaus – (but difficult to understand why?)
>
> • * *Up Market Gliding *- When a World Championship team use a Rolls
> Royce as an airfield tow vehicle. *Hilarious!
> • * The Arcus E Flies *- Schempp-Hirth test flies its newest
> sailplane. *Building this new two seater is the result of a team
> effort by three companies!
>
> • * The battle continues – advocates of U.A.V.’s putting pressure on
> Civil Aviation Authorities for access to commercial airspace.
>
> • * * Latest news from I.G.C. and F.A.I. *- *New F.A.I. president
> announced.
>
> • * *The 100th anniversary of Orville Wrights first soaring flight *-
> Coming up. *Read the details.
>
> • * * Fun for groups all owning the same sailplane. *The ASW-20
> reunion!
>
> • * The Aerobatic Swift sailplane accident in the United Kingdom. *In
> depth report.
>
> • * Personalities *- Introducing Hana Zejdova
>
> • *Gliding instrument manufacturers need to have more than a cursory
> look at “Heads Up Displays”. *Units getting cheaper and cheaper. *A
> discussion paper with a challenge to instrument makers.
>
> • * Plus an additional 40 other stories covering the world soaring
> scene and aviation items of interest for glider pilots. You will enjoy
> reading this section.
>
> The issue is our biggest yet.
>
> New OR RENEWING subscribers can enrol via our secure * *web site:
> (www.glidinginternational.com)

Great Reading!
I really liked the article on the ASW 20 Gathering.....wonder why?
Dan
ASW 20 WO

sisu1a
October 28th 10, 10:35 PM
> Great Reading!
> I really liked the article on the ASW 20 Gathering.....wonder why?
> Dan
> ASW 20 WO

I really liked that article too, especially the top left corner of pg
22! ^_^ ...and the last paragraph on that page! ^_^

Gliding International continues to be the best at what they do, and
I'm not just saying that cause they put a photo of one of my prototype
ASW20 exhaust vents in the article Dan wrote about the 20 gathering,
but because it really is a great publication full of interesting and
relevant topics. Keep'em coming!

-Paul

Google