PDA

View Full Version : L-NAV problem

Ron Gleason
November 2nd 10, 06:18 PM
The L-NAV in my new to me ASW20 is not functioning properly.

The unit will shut off and re-boot randomly. It does not happen every
flight, sometimes will happen only once and then stop and other times
it just continues to shut off and re-boot.

I am about to pull the unit and replace the internal battery. Any
other thoughts or actions?

I have put a new battery in the plane, voltage readings according to
the L-NAV and GPS NAV have always been north of 12.5 volts. I have
inspected the wiring nothing is obviously frayed or shorting out.

Thanks in advance

Ron Gleason

November 2nd 10, 07:21 PM
On Nov 2, 2:18*pm, Ron Gleason > wrote:
> The L-NAV in my new to me ASW20 is not functioning properly.
>
> The unit will shut off and re-boot randomly. *It does not happen every
> flight, sometimes will happen only once and then stop and other times
> it just continues to shut off and re-boot.
>
> I am about to pull the unit and replace the internal battery. *Any
> other thoughts or actions?
>
> I have put a new battery in the plane, voltage readings according to
> the L-NAV and GPS NAV have always been north of 12.5 volts. *I have
> inspected the wiring nothing is obviously frayed or shorting out.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> *Ron Gleason

Check the condition of power connector in back of instrument, both
connector on wire and socket.
Good Luck
UH

Google