PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis

RRK
November 6th 10, 04:00 AM
Go to Google Earth. Find 31N and 24W. Set the Eye alt at 1500km (right
lower corner)
You will find it. It is perfectly visible. 3000 m below the surface of
Atlantic.

Paul Tribe[_2_]
November 6th 10, 09:22 AM
At 04:00 06 November 2010, RRK wrote:
>Go to Google Earth. Find 31N and 24W. Set the Eye alt at 1500km
(right
>lower corner)
>You will find it. It is perfectly visible. 3000 m below the surface of
>Atlantic.

I've seen this before - along with an explanation which sadly I can't
find atm.

However, AFAIR, the grid pattern is an artefact of the
oceanographic survey method used to cover that area.

Or something like that.

Sorry to kill the romance...

Paul Tribe[_2_]
November 6th 10, 09:24 AM
At 04:00 06 November 2010, RRK wrote:
>Go to Google Earth. Find 31N and 24W. Set the Eye alt at 1500km
(right
>lower corner)
>You will find it. It is perfectly visible. 3000 m below the surface of
>Atlantic.

Contrary to my other massage, I've just found a link:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/25/google-explains-watery-
mystery-of-atlantis/

Paul Tribe[_2_]
November 6th 10, 09:37 AM
At 04:00 06 November 2010, RRK wrote:
>Go to Google Earth. Find 31N and 24W. Set the Eye alt at 1500km
(right
>lower corner)
>You will find it. It is perfectly visible. 3000 m below the surface of
>Atlantic.

Contrary to my other massage, I've just found a link:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/25/google-explains-watery-
mystery-of-atlantis/

Google