PDA

View Full Version : SeeYou Mobile newest upgrade

Bruno[_2_]
November 10th 10, 03:56 PM
A month ago I asked a hopefully pretty simple question on the SeeYou
mobile message boards about if the latest upgrade fixed a pretty
annoying start cylinder bug and I guess I didn't ask nice enough
because it has not received any responses from Naviter. I am only
asking because I would like to purchase an upgrade if it has been
fixed. I am trying to give them money...Anyone know the answer?

Here is a link to my question:
http://www.naviter.si/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,158/topic,3901.0

Thanks so much and fly safe.
Bruno Vassel IV - B4

kirk.stant
November 10th 10, 04:51 PM
On Nov 10, 9:56*am, Bruno > wrote:
> A month ago I asked a hopefully pretty simple question on the SeeYou
> mobile message boards about if the latest upgrade fixed a pretty
> annoying start cylinder bug and I guess I didn't ask nice enough
> because it has not received any responses from Naviter. *I am only
> asking because I would like to purchase an upgrade if it has been
> fixed. *I am trying to give them money...Anyone know the answer?
>
> Here is a link to my question:http://www.naviter.si/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,158/topic,3901.0
>
> Thanks so much and fly safe.
> Bruno Vassel IV - B4
That's hardly a bug, Bruno - it's a recent US only start procedure. I
just manually start when I exit the cylinder. But I agree it would be
nice if SYM would auto start out the top. For that matter, does any
other glide computer do US starts correctly? I know my SN10 doesn't
(Dave, you reading this?).

Bruno[_2_]
November 10th 10, 05:09 PM
> That's hardly a bug, Bruno - it's a recent US only start procedure. I
> just manually start when I exit the cylinder. But I agree it would be
> nice if SYM would auto start out the top. For that matter, does any
> other glide computer do US starts correctly? *I know my SN10 doesn't
> (Dave, you reading this?).

Good call on the poor wording. You are right. They told me at the
convention they would work it in on the next release a year ago so I
am hoping this "change" to the US system did find its way into the
software. Again, you can be 10+ minutes off if you thermal 8,000 ft
above the start before exiting the cylinder so it would be nice if
this new feature was added.

Take care.
Bruno - B4

T8
November 10th 10, 07:10 PM
On Nov 10, 12:09*pm, Bruno > wrote:
> > That's hardly a bug, Bruno - it's a recent US only start procedure. I
> > just manually start when I exit the cylinder. But I agree it would be
> > nice if SYM would auto start out the top. For that matter, does any
> > other glide computer do US starts correctly? *I know my SN10 doesn't
> > (Dave, you reading this?).
>
> Good call on the poor wording. *You are right. *They told me at the
> convention they would work it in on the next release a year ago so I
> am hoping this "change" to the US system did find its way into the
> software. *Again, you can be 10+ minutes off if you thermal 8,000 ft
> above the start before exiting the cylinder so it would be nice if
> this new feature was added.
>
> Take care.
> Bruno - B4

http://www.xcsoar.org/

By next Spring, V6 ought to be fairly well polished. And it does all
the start gate stuff right. The XCSoar development team is
*responsive*.

-Evan Ludeman / T8

Tom Dukerich
November 11th 10, 12:03 AM
On 11/10/2010 10:09 AM, Bruno wrote:
>> That's hardly a bug, Bruno - it's a recent US only start procedure. I
>> just manually start when I exit the cylinder. But I agree it would be
>> nice if SYM would auto start out the top. For that matter, does any
>> other glide computer do US starts correctly? I know my SN10 doesn't
>> (Dave, you reading this?).
>
> Good call on the poor wording. You are right. They told me at the
> convention they would work it in on the next release a year ago so I
> am hoping this "change" to the US system did find its way into the
> software. Again, you can be 10+ minutes off if you thermal 8,000 ft
> above the start before exiting the cylinder so it would be nice if
> this new feature was added.
>
> Take care.
> Bruno - B4

I asked about this in 2008.

http://www.naviter.si/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,238/topic,3200.0

I did buy the upgrade but have not used it yet. The entry of a task on
my 3955 is better. Since we typically fly TATs in the US, SYM now shows
you the turnpoint area on a map as you are entering the radius.

After entering the TPs, going into Tools -> Options now has several new
fields. There is a Before start grouping that includes Gate time, Below
altitude [ft] and Below time [minutes].

Also there is another group labeled Start procedure. The fields
include; Start altitude[ft] and Start groundspeed [kts].

I have not replayed contest days yet and I have not seen documentation
describing the fields. In fairness, I have not looked very hard either.

The Glide Slope Indicator on a map has new stuff too that I have not
sorted out yet. IE: There is a B in front of the MacCready value
before on task and also a red number of seconds will display if you have
been above the start cylinder before the gate opens.

Hate to sound fuzzy on some of this, but I have not had time to use it
yet. It does appear that flying out the top of the start cylinder has
been addressed.

Tom
OD2

Google