PDA

View Full Version : Converting CUP file to TXT file

og
December 1st 10, 12:35 PM
I need to convert a Seeyou airspace file .CUP to a TXT file.
Can anyone help?

Paul Remde
December 1st 10, 12:47 PM
Hi,

In what soaring instrument do you want to use the .txt file? Is it a
Cambridge .dat waypoint file (.txt also works for those file types). Or for
Glide Navigator II, or...?

I recommend opening the file in SeeYou or StrePle on the PC and then saving
the waypoints as a Cambridge .dat file.

There are some SeeYou Training videos available in the link below which show
how to import and export waypoint files in SeeYou.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/training.htm#Training-SeeYou See videos #28
and 29.

If you don't have SeeYou then if you e-mail the file to me I can convert it
for you. I would need to know the home airport so I can give it the "h"
attribute in the created waypoint file.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"og" > wrote in message
>I need to convert a Seeyou airspace file .CUP to a TXT file.
> Can anyone help?

Wojciech Scigala
December 1st 10, 01:31 PM
Użytkownik og napisał:

> I need to convert a Seeyou airspace file .CUP to a TXT file.
SeeYou binary airspace files are CUB. (CUP is for turnpooints).
It's impossible to convert binary CUB back to TXT. Perhaps guys at
Naviter (SeeYou authors) are able to do it, but resulting TXT will be
nicely readible for humans.

--
Wojtuś.net

Wojciech Scigala
December 1st 10, 02:04 PM
Użytkownik og napisał:

> I need to convert a Seeyou airspace file .CUP to a TXT file.
> Can anyone help?
SeeYou binary airspace files are CUB. (CUP is for turnpoints).
It's impossible to convert binary CUB back to TXT. Perhaps guys at
Naviter (SeeYou authors) are able to do it, but resulting TXT won't be
nicely readible for humans.

--
Wojtuś.net

og
December 1st 10, 03:22 PM
On Dec 1, 2:35*pm, og > wrote:
> I need to convert a Seeyou airspace file .CUP to a TXT file.
> Can anyone help?

Thanks Paul

Actually Wojciech is correct, it is a CUB (airspace) file in binary
code. Converting the CUP file is easy.

Best
Oscar

Guy Byars[_2_]
December 1st 10, 04:03 PM
On Dec 1, 10:22*am, og > wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2:35*pm, og > wrote:
>
> > I need to convert a Seeyou airspace file .CUP to a TXT file.
> > Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks Paul
>
> Actually Wojciech is correct, it is a CUB (airspace) file in binary
> code. Converting the CUP file is easy.
>
> Best
> Oscar

Pity there is no XML standard for airspace definitions.

Darryl Ramm
December 1st 10, 05:30 PM
On Dec 1, 8:03*am, Guy Byars > wrote:
> On Dec 1, 10:22*am, og > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 1, 2:35*pm, og > wrote:
>
> > > I need to convert a Seeyou airspace file .CUP to a TXT file.
> > > Can anyone help?
>
> > Thanks Paul
>
> > Actually Wojciech is correct, it is a CUB (airspace) file in binary
> > code. Converting the CUP file is easy.
>
> > Best
> > Oscar
>
> Pity there is no XML standard for airspace definitions.

How would that help? The reason Naviter obfuscate their own CUB files
was (still is?) due to licensing restrictions from some airspace data
providers. In locations where this data is provided to Naviter by
third parties without this licensing restriction then maybe it is
already available in OpenAir or TNP format elsewhere.

Darryl

Google