PDA

View Full Version : Sisu Polar Data?

Paul Remde
February 2nd 11, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into a
Cambridge 302. We can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know of a
source for that data?

Best Regards,

--
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Tony[_5_]
February 2nd 11, 09:38 PM
On Feb 2, 3:12*pm, "Paul Remde" > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into a
> Cambridge 302. *We can't seem to find anything. *Does anyone know of a
> source for that data?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --
> Paul Remde
> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

paul,

not exactly what you are looking for but the data may be able to be
backed out of the graph on page 11 of the sept. 1964 Soaring.

and also Paul Bikle's article "Flight Test Performance Summary" has a
polar for the Sisu 1 and 1A. Page 30 of the Feb. 1971 Soaring. By the
way that edition also has a fantastic story about a low altitude cross
country flight in a Cherokee II.

sisu1a
February 2nd 11, 09:56 PM
> I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into a
> Cambridge 302. *We can't seem to find anything. *Does anyone know of a

Sisu, or Sisu 1A? Different polars... Johnson's polars for the Sisu
are available, and I think I have copies of the relevant pages from
the MSU Raspet FRL report they did using 102, Al Parker's ship now in
the Smithsonian. If not I have plenty of other data to draw from later
if still needed.

-Paul

Hans Disma
February 2nd 11, 09:59 PM
Hi Paul,

I owned a SISU for quite some time and I do have a polar.
The polar was published in the brochure.

Best regards,

Hans Disma

"Paul Remde" > schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into
> a Cambridge 302. We can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know of a
> source for that data?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --
> Paul Remde
> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Mike[_8_]
February 2nd 11, 10:02 PM
On Feb 2, 2:12*pm, "Paul Remde" > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into a
> Cambridge 302. *We can't seem to find anything. *Does anyone know of a
> source for that data?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --
> Paul Remde
> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

I once asked a friend, who owned a Sisu, how it performed, and he said
about the same as a 201 Libelle.

Mike

Paul Remde
February 4th 11, 11:21 PM
Hi Paul,

I have asked the customer and he says he has a Sisu 1A. Any help finding a
good polar would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

"sisu1a" > wrote in message

> I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into
> Cambridge 302. We can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know of a

Sisu, or Sisu 1A? Different polars... Johnson's polars for the Sisu
are available, and I think I have copies of the relevant pages from
the MSU Raspet FRL report they did using 102, Al Parker's ship now in
the Smithsonian. If not I have plenty of other data to draw from later
if still needed.

-Paul

sisu1a
February 5th 11, 01:03 AM
> I have asked the customer and he says he has a Sisu 1A. *Any help finding a
> good polar would be greatly appreciated.

Just dug through my bag of goodies and found the MSU Sisu 1A
(measured!) polar I was talking about. I have scanned it and PM'd you
a copy. I have a lot lot lot of information your customer will be
interested in and you should pass my email to him/her. I still own
101, it's just banged up pretty good. I believe I have the largest
private accumulation of ephemera on the subject, down to copies of Len
Niemi's security clearance background check paperwork! I visited with
Len's daughter for a day a few years back, and we spent the whole time
digging through boxes of paperwork, pictures, family albums. Oh the
things I saw! :) Luckily she let me make copies of some of the stuff,
as its real gold to me... like a complete copy of his notes from his
slide presentation on the Sisu he did in 1985 at the SSA convention as
the keynote speaker, and the letter Bruce Carmicheal sent him inviting
him to do so!

-Paul

Google