PDA

View Full Version : IGC file viewer

Phil
March 6th 11, 07:43 PM
I have written a simple IGC to KML converter to playback flights on
Google Earth.

It plays back at about 10 times real speed. Thermalling is a little
hard to watch. Running in straight lines is OK.

http://slim.xinqu.net/kml/

--
Philip Plane

Whiskey Delta
March 6th 11, 08:52 PM
On Mar 6, 2:43*pm, Phil > wrote:
> I have written a simple IGC to KML converter to playback flights on
> Google Earth.
>
> It plays back at about 10 times real speed. Thermalling is a little
> hard to watch. Running in straight lines is OK.
>
> http://slim.xinqu.net/kml/
>
> --
> Philip Plane

Very cool! Thanks Phil.

WD

Andrew Henderson
March 7th 11, 01:16 PM
Good effort Phil.

There is already a good free program for this for which gives instruments,
speed control, Thermal turn suppresson etc.

Check out:

http://www.ywtw.de/igcsim.html

Andy

Andrew Henderson
March 7th 11, 01:32 PM
Good effort Phil.

There is already a good free program for this for which gives instruments,
speed control, Thermal turn suppresson etc.

Check out:

http://www.ywtw.de/igcsim.html

Andy

Google