PDA

View Full Version : Re: Best instructional book for 12-year-old aspiring glider pilot?

sisu1a
March 7th 11, 04:33 PM
> Looking to give my 12-year-old niece a book about learning to fly
> gliders, prior to her starting lessons this summer. Any thoughts on
> the most appropriate/accessible book for someone her age? Thanks--

What country are you in? I've seen US-centric and UK-centric material
recommended, but we still don't know where you are... makes a
difference when it comes to training manuals...

-Paul

Frank Whiteley
March 7th 11, 06:13 PM
On Mar 7, 9:33*am, sisu1a > wrote:
> > Looking to give my 12-year-old niece a book about learning to fly
> > gliders, prior to her starting lessons this summer. Any thoughts on
> > the most appropriate/accessible book for someone her age? Thanks--
>
> What country are you in? I've seen US-centric and UK-centric material
> recommended, but we still don't know where you are... makes a
> difference when it comes to training manuals...
>
> -Paul

You'll like this.

http://www.paulvillinski.com/contact/contact.html

Frank Whiteley
March 7th 11, 06:16 PM
On Mar 7, 11:13*am, Frank Whiteley > wrote:
> On Mar 7, 9:33*am, sisu1a > wrote:
>
> > > Looking to give my 12-year-old niece a book about learning to fly
> > > gliders, prior to her starting lessons this summer. Any thoughts on
> > > the most appropriate/accessible book for someone her age? Thanks--
>
> > What country are you in? I've seen US-centric and UK-centric material
> > recommended, but we still don't know where you are... makes a
> > difference when it comes to training manuals...
>
> > -Paul
>
> You'll like this.
>
> http://www.paulvillinski.com/contact/contact.html

And this