PDA

View Full Version : tailwheel,basic aerobatic training in Indiana

YeahBuddy
March 21st 04, 04:15 AM
Does anybody know if there are places in Indiana where one can obtain
basic aerobatic and tailwheel training? Any info greatly appreciated.

Dave Buckles
March 22nd 04, 04:58 AM
YeahBuddy wrote:
> Does anybody know if there are places in Indiana where one can obtain
> basic aerobatic and tailwheel training? Any info greatly appreciated.

Dale Byrom, near Indianapolis, does tailwheel training in a Champ. I
learned to fly with him, and still try to visit him annually or so (I
live in the Oklahoma City area); wonderful instructor. You can e-mail
him at ; tell him you got his name from me (I don't
get any kickbacks or anything, just tell him hi for me). He's even
written a book on flying taildraggers (which I have). Last time I
asked, he had four or five thousand hours, almost all of it instruction,
and had no aspirations of doing anything but instruction. I don't know
if he does aerobatic instruction; I know he's done some basic stuff, but
I don't know how long it's been, and I don't know if he has an aerobatic
airplane right now, but he owns a Champ and a Cessna 140 (personal
airplanes), and loves teaching tailwheel.

I'm thinking about heading out there this summer for a few days to do
some CFI refresher training with him; since I got my CFI, I've learned
more from him than from any other instructor I've had (note that I
haven't flown with him in probably four years, and not a lesson in six,
and got my CFI two years ago). Absolutely fabulous instructor. Feel
free to send me e-mail if you have any questions or such.

--Dave

--
Dave Buckles

http://www.flight-instruction.com