PDA

View Full Version : IONIA REGION 6th

Discusa
June 8th 11, 12:13 PM
IONIA REGION 6th
We had a goood time at the Region 6th. This was the 35th year for the
contest and we had some pilots
that have been to just about all of them.
The flying weather could have been better, but what can you do?
Many thanks to Tiffany, Sean and Bruce. What a great job they did
putting it all together . Andy did a great job as CD. . Paul Remde
drove over to give us the latest info on soaring & electronic
equipment.
Thanks to Elston, Dan and all the other volunteers and the Benz
Aviation tow pilots.
Thanks to all of our friend from across the border for attending.
Glennnnnnnnnnnn

June 8th 11, 12:30 PM
One of the best prepared for contests I've attended in many years .
We'll be back next year !Kudos to the pilots who stayed and flew the
last day when the weather looked "iffy". Thanks to the Ionia crowd.

Ron (ZA)

Barny
June 9th 11, 03:38 AM
I wish to thank Frank Paynter (TA) for his tremendous support during
the contest and the months leading up to it. Frank helped us plan the
event since January, taught ground school classes almost every day
before the pilot meetings, and wrote the daily reports. Additional
thanks go out to Derek Mackie (TT) who presented a well prepared
ground school on landing out, which was fabulous. The ground school
courses were attended by 10-15 pilots each day.
Team Canada was well represented with seven pilots, followed closely
by CISS's (Indiana) six pilots enticed to attend by Ron Clarke (ZA). I
joked with Ron that next year we'll call it the "Ron Clarke
Invitational". Thank you all for your help and patience with us first
time contest managers.
~Bruce

Google