PDA

View Full Version : I got to see another GLIDER in the air!

Grider Pirate
June 20th 11, 04:00 PM
Okay, so most of you probably see others all the time, but I don't!
On Saturday I was coming back to my airport (Jean, 0L7) when I spotted
another glider near the golf course south of Primm, NV. I was really
jazzed to note that it wasn't a Jean glider! A little later I got in
touch with him on 123.5, and it was "Six Pack" flying out of Crystal.
Made my day!

Jim "Uncle Fuzzy" W.

PK
June 23rd 11, 03:11 AM
On Jun 20, 8:00*am, Grider Pirate > wrote:
> Okay, so most of you probably see others all the time, but I don't!
> On Saturday I was coming back to my airport (Jean, 0L7) when I spotted
> another glider near the golf course south of Primm, NV. I was really
> jazzed to note that it wasn't a Jean glider! *A little later I got in
> touch with him on 123.5, and it was "Six Pack" flying out of Crystal.
> Made my day!
>
> Jim "Uncle Fuzzy" W.

And thanks for the tip "Uncle Fuzzy" those solar panels did help to
get me to 13.5K and over the class Bravo. Ended up at Mesquite , too
bad for the overcast I would have like to go further. You too were the
only other glider I encountered all day, I wonder why?
6PK

Google