PDA

View Full Version : Need help loading airports in LX 7007

July 10th 11, 05:10 AM
I am trying to load USA airports (selected states) into a LX 7007 via
a mimi SD chip. I have LXE and the airport data base on my PC, but
can not seem to get the airports on the mini SD chip in a form the
instrument will accept. I can not figure out how get an acceptable
file in the airport folder on the mini SD chip.

Bill Snead
6W

Paul Remde
July 11th 11, 03:49 AM
Hi Bill,

I'm looking into it in the LX7007 Pro IGC manual - which is available here:
http://www.lxnavigation.si/avionics/avionics/downloads/manuals/LX7007proIGCManualEnglishVer0201.pdf

First you must go to the "States" tab to select the desired states.

In the manual in section 4.4.1 (page 89) it states,
"Airport data base in .LXA format. Any LX airport data base may be converted
to .LXA format after using of LXe
EXPORT function. Click on File and confirm Export."
You need to select "File > Export > Airports > LX7007". You should be able
to export the file directly to your SD card - connected to your PC using a
memory card reader.

I tried it and it created a .LXA file.

In the manual they also show a screen capture of the directories to use on
the SD card. There is an "APT" directors. I'm pretty sure the .LXA file
should go into that directory.

Feel free to give me a call if you need some help with this.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

> wrote in message
>I am trying to load USA airports (selected states) into a LX 7007 via
> a mimi SD chip. I have LXE and the airport data base on my PC, but
> can not seem to get the airports on the mini SD chip in a form the
> instrument will accept. I can not figure out how get an acceptable
> file in the airport folder on the mini SD chip.
>
> Bill Snead
> 6W

Google