PDA

View Full Version : LP-49 Back In The Air

Jim Meade
July 17th 11, 07:28 PM
I flew my LP-49 out of Muscatine, IA KMUT Saturday for the first time
in several years. Had some maintenance to do and finally got it all
in shaped. I'm low time with it and still learning how it flies, but
it seems very sweet so far.
There was no lift so I took three sled rides. The first was a pattern
tow and the next two were to 2,000 AGL. Everything seemed to work
very well and flies very nicely.
It was nice that we had two other gliders in the air.

Tony[_5_]
July 18th 11, 02:40 PM
On Jul 17, 1:28*pm, Jim Meade > wrote:
> I flew my LP-49 out of Muscatine, IA KMUT Saturday for the first time
> in several years. *Had some maintenance to do and finally got it all
> in shaped. *I'm low time with it and still learning how it flies, but
> it seems very sweet so far.
> There was no lift so I took three sled rides. *The first was a pattern
> tow and the next two were to 2,000 AGL. *Everything seemed to work
> very well and flies very nicely.
> It was nice that we had two other gliders in the air.

Jim,

glad to hear it! Looking forward to hearing more about some great
soaring flights in the 49'er

Google